1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron: Camby unlikely to return; in Heat next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2012.

1. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I think the Nets are leverage in trade talks with the Knicks. And both teams are leverage in regards to already failed(?) talks with the Heat. At least that's my hope.
    The Nets do have the rights to last year's draftee Bojan Boganovic. Maybe the Rockets like him.

Anyway:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Knicks met with free agent Marcus Camby today in Houston while the Brooklyn Nets spoke to the veteran center via conference call.</p>&mdash; Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/222120111190966273" data-datetime="2012-07-09T00:08:55+00:00">July 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wouldn't the Magic want Bogdanovic if he is worth anything?

3. HMMMHMM

Perhaps, but maybe the Magic don't think he's worth negotiating for, whereas the Rockets value him. Just throwing it out there. He's pretty much the Nets only trade chip.

Again, though, I'd prefer to believe that the talks with the Nets are leverage.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Am I right in assuming that resolving Camby needs to be one of the first FA moves for the Rockets given the cap hold? I would think if it drags st some point they'd need to renounce to do other stuff, right?

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Correct. Due to Camby's $16.6M cap hold, the Rockets would either have to sign(-and-trade) him or renounce his rights prior to having any cap room to extend the offer sheets to Asik and Lin.

Frankly, if New York is willing to give up their 2016 first rounder (the lower of their own or Denver's), then Marcus Camby will be a Knick. Otherwise, I'm having a hard time envisioning another offer that makes sense for the Rockets from a cap standpoint. Other than perhaps the 2013 lottery-protected PHI first rounder from Miami, I don't know of any other (realistically obtainable) "asset" that will be worth the Rockets taking on even one dollar of guaranteed salary for next season in a Camby S&T.

In the end, I think we'll see a Camby S&T in which Camby gets shipped to New York in exchange for non-guaranteed salary, a second rounder and a bit of cap relief (i.e., taking Brockman's contract off our hands). Just an educated guess.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I have a funny feeling that if we are going to get Dwight, it is going to be Wednesday. We already have a trade to execute and by Tuesday we will likely have more trades to execute, not to mention the free agent offer sheets. If we're gonna trade for Dwight it really should be on Wednesday when we can take advantage of simultaneous trades and generate ourselves and Orlando the most value.

It woldn't surprise me at all if Morey has a deadline on Hennigan of Tuesday night so that he can move forward and chase another big name with our youngsters.

If Hennigan loses Morey's bid, the value that he can get for Dwight goes down significantly.

#146 jopatmc, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Who is there to chase?

8. jopatmc

Dunno.

Love, Rubio, Noels, Mohammed, C. Zeller, Harden, Ibaka????????

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Jsmoov/pau/?

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sign and trade Camby to the Nets for Marshon Brooks.

11. jopatmc

Not without other primary pieces here first.

12. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Good point..but that means you have to trade Martin ASAP and I think More is holding on to him

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ya right.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

According to sources the Nets have an offer of a draft pick for Brooks already.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Saw this on the twitters.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

What do we get in return?

17. HMMMHMM

Interesting.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hearing that Marcus Camby sign-and-trade deal to the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%2523Knicks">#Knicks</a> is almost complete; details coming.</p>&mdash; Jordan Schultz (@206Child) <a href="https://twitter.com/206Child/status/222415929819136001" data-datetime="2012-07-09T19:44:24+00:00">July 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. mazinger

mazinger Member

If NY feels like cockblocking the Nets, maybe a first rounder for us to offer to Orlando.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Need salary back

Tony Douglas?

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Camby/Brockman for Gadzuric/Jordan/Harrellson (all non-guaranteed) plus NYK's 2016 first rounder (the lower of their own or DEN's) works.