1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TheGreat, Jun 23, 2011.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/donatas-motiejunas

NBA Comparison: Andreis Bargnani/Dirk Nowitzki

Strengths: Legit seven footer … Lefty with excellent offensive potential ... Loves to face the basket from the perimeter. Can score from inside and outside … Has added weight to his frame in the past year, making him more effective in the low post … Good ball handling ability for a big man … Quick first step allows him to get by opponents ... Very confident player … Good at timing his jumps to contest shots … Runs the floor well, especially for a seven-footer … Can be a mismatch nightmare for opposing teams … One of the most skilled players in the draft … Very solid athletically … Can shoot the three … Capable of creating his own offense … Polished footwork … Skilled at passing out of the post … Can eat defenses up with the pick and roll/ pick and pop … Can use both hands well ...

I hope the Rockets get this guy!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's got a lot of work to do. He could be very good or very bad.

His motor is a big question but his offensive skills are fantastic. Think Darkowith less hype.

I do hope we gamble on him though.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Agreed. You don't find 7 footers with those type of skills too often.

4. Fierguard

Fierguard Contributing Member

IF we stay at 14 and 23 I am starting to warm up to Motiejunas and Jeremy Tyler as picks. High risk, High Reward types. Like drafting our Bynum and Pau maybe... as a high ceiling. The floor being Dan "Air" Langhi and Two Sandwiches.

Motiejunas and a Wing however, unless it is Singleton, I worry about as there has been no raising of defensive potential. I think with Montiejunas and much of our core I think having 1.5 ways players that can play D out of the gate is important. Looking at Dallas, Marion, Stevenson, Chandler act as defenders.

All said and done I trust Morey and will wait until preseason to begin to judge as you have to think of things in whole... draft, off season moves, etc.

Fierguard

Bleed Red Rockets Red.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Weaknesses: Being a 20 year old European and lacking strength means he will need time to adjust to the NBA game … Has some prima donna to him. He's talented and he knows it and often gets criticized for not being tough or showing enough passion for the game ... Poor rebounder for a big man. At times it appears he's averse to doing the "dirty work" … Defense could use a lot of work, at times looks uninterested in defending … Can be punished in the post … Streaky shooter … Needs to gain maturity, discipline, focus ... Lacks the strength of other post players … Poor anticipation skills leads to defensive lapses and missed rebounding opportunities … Not a very good free throw shooter, which is surprising considering his touch ...

6. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

Singleton only measured out at 6'7" w/o shoes so he's basicaly a SF without an outside shot. Montiejunas is a 7' kid with major upside if only he puts the time in the gym to reach his full potential, which is much higher than a lot of players in this draft.

Let's face it, there are no "sure things" in drafting a player, and the ones that succeed are the ones that continue to work hard on their games.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

MY Nigra!!

Can't wait to see him this year!

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

We so excited and it ain't even Friday.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Well we got him h-town in morey we trust

10. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3B6Vs0sqfww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

only posted this because i remember him mentioning scola as his favorite player at 42 seconds

1 person likes this.
  11. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

OMG YESSSS!!!!! PLEASE REP ME FOR THIS THREAD :) :) :)

3 people like this.
  12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Is he coming to the NBA next season?

13. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Scouting Report
    Fundamentally strong, Motiejunas is one of the top power forwards in this year's draft. Motiejunas burst onto the radar at the 2009 Nike Hoop Summit, finishing with 21 points and eight rebounds as an 18-year-old in the World Select junior basketball team's surprising 97-89 win over the USA Junior National Select team. He has excellent footwork and strong legs and can post up in the paint, or just as easily knock down a mid-range jumper. He is proficient with either hand and is able to put the ball on the floor and beat his man off the dribble. While he is a legitimate scoring threat, the versatile Motiejunas is also a skilled passer and shows excellent athleticism, able to run the floor with ease. Defensively, Motiejunas is a strong rebounder and shot blocker. Motiejunas has good size, but he needs to add some bulk for the NBA. He also needs to work on his attitude, as he is labeled as immature. Motiejunas, a native of Lithuania, has a lot of upside and is a likely lottery selection.

http://chron.stats.com/nbadraft/players.asp?id=524412&name=D._Motiejunas

Sounds like a great trade to me :cool:

14. REEKO_HTOWN

very much so.

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I knew it

16. Htown's2kFinest

Morey came threw. Love this pick.

17. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Im glad about this pick. I have faith in Donatas

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I like it.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Good, because I like this pic.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This scout report is as accurate as HoopsWorld.