1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Release Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

From my recollection, RG3 isn't exactly accurate with the deep ball and Desean's bread and butter is catches of 30+ yards. We will see how well this works out. The fact is RG3's biggest threat is to run to open up the field for the passing game and that still opens him up for injury. Good luck I guess. Hope it works out for the Deadskins...not.

2. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

No reason to believe RG3 won't return to rookie-year-form. After his injury and RECOVERY in college he was just fine. It's safe to say there was plenty of good reasons as to why RG3's production throwing the ball dropped like a ball last season. As I recall people say he threw the deep ball in 2012 maybe the best we have ever seen it thrown by anyone.

3. Major

Major Member

In college and his rookie year, the deep ball was RG3's strength - he was able to drop those passes to receivers in full stride. I think Jackson is a perfect fit there.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

His rookie year (except for early in the season), RG3's deep ball was as good as anyone's.

The question is will he return to form.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Garcon and DJax will not compliment each other well on the surface but keep in mind that offense will be tailor made for RG3. Lots of WR screens and quick hitters. I'll be very interested to see how Jay Gruden builds this offense.

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Moes,

Your boy Darrius Heyward-Bey is in town for a visit.

Should I be bracing myself for a long season of headaches anytime the ball is tossed his way or has he gotten better?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all have enough titles, man, relax and let somebody else play.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just signed to a one-year deal.

9. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Don't know why him and Luck didn't mesh but he was solid with shotty QB play in Oakland.

10. Major

Major Member

He seems to have an incredible knack for dropping easy passes, and Andrew Luck was generally throwing to him when he was wide open - thus, he was dropping them. He dropped nearly 1 out of every 4 (23%) of catchable passes last year. I had Andrew Luck in a fantasy league so I would watch some of their games and it was absurd to watch.

11. Major

Major Member

Interesting that Desean Jackson had to take a paycut in his new contract - if the work-ethic / gang-stuff turns out to be unfounded, the Redskins got a hell of a deal.

12. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

It was Chris Russell, I think he was trying to puff his chest as in "no way will it happen" not if he signs I don't want to deal with him.

It was weird and now he of course backed off the comment but everyone else is grilling him.

13. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

Regarding Chris Russell, I heard that ESPN rejected his resignation so he will remain on the air.

14. baseballa56k

baseballa56k Member

Colt McCoy to the Redskins.. Odd

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Saints signed Champ Bailey, why does this remind me of Ed Reed to Houston last year.

16. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Thanks for the memories, CJ2K...

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kid worked hard, but never stood a chance after everyone laughed at the Raiders (rightfully so) for reaching so high for a speedy wideout with some ball skills and hops, but missing the ability to actually catch passes, which is kind of the desired result.

But DHB did work hard, and he improved his routes, but he was never the deep threat his 40 time said he was. Turned into more of a possession receiver at times, somehow he was more effective with shorter throws. Palmer figured that out I think. But Palmer was a high volume QB, and so his numbers were inflated a bit just because of the nature of the offense at that time.

He's a fringe WR3 in my estimation. He can't be relied on to catch every pass, so that is kind of a bummer.

Steelers should be thinking hard about Brandin Cooks or the Vanderbilt kid, can't think of his name right now... Jordan Matthews?

Odell Beckham I think will end up being a top tier WR2 in an offense, but I think you'd have to trade up to get him.

#117 moestavern19, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

They couldn't get Lesean so they settled for Colt.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Johnson to the Jets

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Terrelle Pryor traded to the Seahawks