1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Office Season 7

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Sep 4, 2010.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's

back.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/07/the-office-season-7-hollys-back-in-a-big-way.html

With this being Steve Carell's last season on "The Office," the show couldn't very well get away with not bringing back Michael Scott's true love, Holly Flax.

NBC confirmed on Thursday (July 15) that Amy Ryan will return this season as Holly -- and writer/executive producer/cast member Paul Lieberstein says she'll be making much more than just a token appearance.

Lieberstein tells Zap2it that Ryan will appear in a whopping eight episodes. That's right: you'll get to see the Holly-Michael magic for a full third of the season.

Read on for more from Lieberstein about Holly's return, Andy's Scranton stage debut, Dwight Schrute, landlord and more (spoilers ahoy!).

The groundwork for Holly's return was laid in last season's finale, when Michael asked Sabre CEO Jo (Kathy Bates) if she could bring Holly back. The show was preparing for it behind the scenes as well; Lieberstein says the producers were already talking to Ryan when they were writing the finale.

Season 7 will find Jo making good on her promise to Michael, but "Holly is not happy at all about coming back to Scranton." She's built a pretty good life with boyfriend A.J. (Rob Huebel -- Lieberstein isn't sure yet if he'll return as well) and doesn't want to leave it.

As for Michael's departure from Dunder Mifflin, Lieberstein says he doesn't want Carell to leave the show, but at the same time he thinks it presents a chance for "The Office" to refresh itself. "To actually get to write someone out who's a main character, it's a cool opportunity. Not that I want Steve to leave, but in the long run" it could benefit the series, he says.

"No one wants to see him go. We still hope he changes his mind," Lieberstein says of Carell. "But we are forced to imagine 'The Office' without him."

Lieberstein also teased a few stories from the first half of the season. Among them:

- Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) efforts to buy the building that houses Dunder Mifflin were successful, which Lieberstein says will result in the salesman/beet farmer becoming overworked and open up new avenues for Jim (John Krasinski) to pull pranks.

- Bates will return as Jo in the season premiere, but she's also starring in NBC's midseason series "Harry's Law," so Lieberstein isn't sure if she'll be able to do more than that.

- Jo's son (who hasn't been cast yet) will come to Dunder Mifflin as part of a series of "low-level" jobs he's doing at various units of Sabre.

- Andy (Ed Helms) will perform in a community theater production. "We think it will be 'Sweeney Todd,'" Lieberstein says.

- We'll let Lieberstein describe the last one himself: "Michael gets a cold sore, and he finds out that's [a form of] herpes, so he feels the need to call every woman he's ever been with and inform them."

"The Office" season premiere is scheduled for Sept. 23.

#1 dandorotik, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

It's

Dead.

3. kikimama

kikimama Member

It's

still here.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's

just a flesh wound.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

It's

my new favorite show.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

We should rally for MICHAEL SCOTT to return to THE OFFICE for another season. :eek:

[shaking head] NOT LIKE THIS... not like this... :(

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

show has been dead since season 4

but will watch

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

I just started watching. Almost done with season 3. Amazing.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

I haven't seen season 6 yet, but I thought season 5 was still good.

11. mazyar

mazyar Member

I've been watching season 6 on Hulu. They put up 5 episodes at a time (every 2 weeks). It is up to episode 19 right now. And so far I am still impressed.

A few of the episodes had the same lame and not-enough-funny parts as the previous 2 seasons. But a couple of episodes were still hilarious and had me still hooked.

I'm still a fan and will watch.

12. mazyar

mazyar Member

Season 6 is still good. I think it's actually better than season 5.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I can't wait till season 8 comes so we can look back and say how great season's 6 and 7 were.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Oops, be careful, it's supposedly been dead since Season 3. And since Season 1 didn't count, being that it was only 6 episodes, it's only had 2 good seasons. In my humble opinion, as I've stated many times before, complete and utter crap. I'd actually put Stress Relief from Season 5 as the best episode of all time, right up there with The Injury. I actually watched Season 3 just recently, and let me tell you, it's very overrated on this board. There were just as many hilarious moments in 4 and 5 as there were in 3- and as the only poster mentioned, we'll be singing the praises of 5 and 6 after 7 and 8, etc.

15. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

rip micheal scorn

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The only season that had some boring episodes was this past season imo and even then there were some very good episodes. Seasons 1-4 are among the best tv shows of all time imo. Seasons 5-6 are still better than 90% of stuff on TV. Just because it is not the funniest show on tv anymore, doesn't mean it is bad. It just isn't as good as Sunny, Parks, Curb, and Modern Family. It still might be in the top 5 which is pretty good.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[rquoter]- Bates will return as Jo in the season premiere, but she's also starring in NBC's midseason series "Harry's Law," so Lieberstein isn't sure if she'll be able to do more than that.[/rquoter]

Let's hope she can't do more than that.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I posted in the other office thread that Timothy Olyphant will also make an appearance on show as a rival paper salesman

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think with every new season they achieve new low points, but outside of that it's still a quality show. I didn't think there could be worse than the Charles Miner arc, but then we see Scott's tots and the kathy bates arc.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I liked the kathy Bates Arc, in fact it has been my favorite part of the past 2 seasons probably. It added some new life to the show imo.