1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Office Season 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kaleidosky, Aug 30, 2007.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Everyone said "we should start a new thread for this year".. so I figured I may as well do it ;)

Can't wait for the season 3 DVD to come out on 9/4! And of course the many hour-long episodes to start the new season.. should be sweet.

If you're obsessive, check out http://www.officetally.com ... one of the many fan sites around, but this one has a lot of members and was fun to read all of last season. Some cool tidbits, and once in a while it has some fun insider info from the site host.

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

i've had season 3 on pre-order the last three weeks...

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

That's a good site, but I'm pissed because I've sent her some links to movie clips with Jenna "Pam" Fisher on it and she (the chick that runs the site) never posts them from me. I guess I'm not important enough on that site.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

very excited about season 4, especially with flight of the conchords and entourage ending.

season 3 was great but more awkward all around then season 2, and simply not as funny either.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

RRRRRrrrrreeee-pah teee-taaaahh... wo-ooo-ohhh... gimme the people that can free my soul... I wanna get lost and'a rock and roll and drift a-wa-eee-aayy-ee-aaayyy... o/~

:p

I'm ready. SEASON 3 DVD on sale SEPT. 4th.

Summer was great. Time to get back to work, people.

6. kaleidosky

The pilot of the American version and the British version running clips back to back to see the differences in the way they acted out basically the same scenes/parts..

Pretty cool if you watched both. Maybe even if you only watched one.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pd-TgcDXtNU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pd-TgcDXtNU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-TgcDXtNU

7. kaleidosky

8. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

the only thing i know about the office is that jenna fischer looked damn fine in blades of glory!

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I just realized how stupid it is that the American version has opening credits with the actors' names.

10. kaleidosky

11. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

hadn't ever seen the british version, but after watching that i remember why i don't like much about british comedy (monty python, mr. bean). it's cause i can't friggen understand what they're saying. :eek:

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is one case where I like both versions. I enjoyed the British version, and enjoy the U.S. version. It might help that Ricky Gervais had a hand in the American version.

13. kaleidosky

Maybe I should throw this in for others who didn't watch the British version..

The American version only copied the British one for the first season...which was all of 6 episodes. After that kind of testing period or whatever, it was entirely original.. just so no one gets the wrong idea.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah its strange. British seasons are very short.

There is another British comedy that probably the greatest I've ever seen, and it was only 6 episodes ever. It's called Garth Marenghi's Dark Place. Spaced was also an amazing series.

If anyone has an all region dvd player they should check both of those out. There is a newer series called the IT Crowd. (It's about some IT guys in an office. It's pretty funny.)

15. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i was wondering this. if it had followed it the entire time we'd already know what happens to jim/pam

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Entourage is ending?

17. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Anyone know where to get the best price on the Season 3 dvd out Tuesday?

18. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

i think the season is ending, not the series. They'll be back next year

19. kaleidosky

I haven't figured it out yet.. I already know someone that pre-ordered, so I'm gonna watch it at her place and buy my own a little later ;)

But I think I read that there are different versions at different stores? Not sure if that meant just different boxes or actual different DVDs..

20. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I watched the IT crowd.

I wanted to like it.

:(

Another bad sign......I hated the first 4 3/4 episodes of the Office (US), not until the end of Ep 5 is when I started actually liking it, and now it's pretty much one of my favorite current series. Maybe it was the "Oi'm brittush"-isms that keep me away :p