1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think we've imagined that lineup about 4 or 5 times in the past month already, but ok, I'm imagining. [​IMG]

------------------
    Yugo grills, Yugo mills, Check out the oil my Yugo spills...

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Imagine this...

C who cares
    PF Duncan
    SF Hill
    SG McGrady
    PG Anderson

...oops, wrong team...wrong summer...sorry.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

2001-2002 Projected Starting Lineup

PG. Francis
    SG. Mobley
    SF. Battier/Jefferson
    PF. Taylor
    C. Olajuwon

Bench:

PG. Norris, Colson
    SG. Francis
    SF. Langhi, Williams
    PF. Thomas
    C. Johnson, Rogers

That's a pretty damn good ballclub. Of course, Webber would be nice, but I'm a patient type of person, and I also think a championship would be a helluva lot sweeter without Webber. If we did get Webber, everyone would overestimate us. I'll take a developing player in Taylor, an All-Star in Steve, and a high-powered offensive player in Cuttino to be our "big three." Don't get me wrong though. I'd take C-Webb any day. [​IMG]

Just 1. dump Cato, 2. draft a SF (Jefferson more likely) or a C (Woods or K. Johnson), resign Moochie, 3. somehow hang onto C-Rog, 4. resign Mo, 5. resign Dream, 6. realize Langhi's airness and give him more then scrap PT, and 7. take a hard look at other PF's during camp. 8. Meet before the season at a high school gym in Galveston. [​IMG]

Piece o' Cake.

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

4. Wink_Cat-Connection

Just Imagine this starting lineup for next season
    PG Stevie Franchise
    SG Cat Mobley
    SF Anderson(I really don't think he will stay with us)
    PF C-Webb
    C Dream
    This squad I think would be the most talented Starting 5 in the league.I really think we could win a championship the first year with a squad like this.
    Reserves
    PG Mooch
    SG Francis
    SF Wizard, Langhi,Draft Pick
    PF K.T.
    C Cato, Collier

------------------
    Never underestimate the heart of a Champion

5. unt2003

unt2003 Member

this team will be so freakin awesome.. Even without Webber and if the rockets use their first rounders wisely will still be a awesome team. I cant wait 'till next year!!! We are going to be like this years Mavericks only 10x better

------------------

6. OT

OT Member

Come on guys. I'm a Rocket fan too but, if we don't make changes we can only expect to be 5 or 6 games better next year. That means we still battle for the 8th spot. We also will still not be able to compete with the top teams. Our record shows that. We wouldn't get out of the first round. I love our team but to compete with the top teams we have to improve some positions.

------------------

7. hotshotrbs2

hotshotrbs2 Member

OT:

I think with this same club that we have currently, we could have won 6 or 7 more games. It's just that the rockets didn't have experience the first half of the season. With our offseason options, we could make ourselves 10-15 games better.

------------------
    Greatness is not a
    singular act, it is a
    habit. You are what
    you repeatedly do.

8. RocketsFanFromLa

Imagine this lineup.

PG-Francis
    SG-Jordan
    SF-Duncan
    PF-Webber
    C-Shaq

Reserves:
    SG-Eddie Jones
    C-Mutombo
    PG-Iverson
    PF-Wallace
    SF-Grant Hill
    PG-McGrady
    PF-Carter

Imagine that lineup. Write it down on a piece of paper. Say I wish 88 times. And shove it up your--Quit dreaming, the Rockets lineup is pretty good right now, that just need a decent, reliable center.

------------------

Really a member since
    March 1999.