1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine a Harden/Lowry backcourt. Oh, you imagine!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bad_jason, Nov 9, 2012.

1. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

I understand the 1st round pick from Toronto for Lowry helped send a Harden to Houston (giggle), but what if we would of hung on to that young-cheap-badass in Kyle Lowry, not overpaid Lin, and then still land James M-Effin Harden by offering all three of our 2012 first round picks + KMart and a reach-around?

That'd truly be an all-star backcourt, no?

Yes, I understand, it's all hypothetical hindsight... But one can get stoned (legally) and imagine.

1 person likes this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DCX3ZNDZAwY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DCX3ZNDZAwY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

If we didn't trade Lowry we wouldn't have the Toronto pick, which was a big piece in the Harden deal.

4. Rocket_Man_2.0

Harden/Lowry backcourt we be incredible..but we had to trade Lowry to get the Tornto pick that was a big part of the Harden trade.

1 person likes this.
  5. pnr

pnr Member

Imagine if we had Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on this team! Oh me, oh my!

2 people like this.
  6. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

I'm sure they would taken all three of our 2012 First Rounders in lieu of the Toronto pick. And I'd happily of given them up to see Harden and Lowry together.

7. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

We should have given Dragic his player option. Dragic/Harden backcourt would be better than Lin/Harden or Lowry/Harden.

Lowry was too undisciplined, the guy never took a shot he didn't like. To have that attitude as a SG is ok, sometimes. But that isn't what you want from your PG. That is why Westbrick and the Thunder have problems, you don't want a shoot first PG.

Dragic was a good decision maker, he understood the game very well and had playoff experience under his belt. I'm still pissed that we let him go over a player option.

1 person likes this.
  8. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

If we had with Dragic,

we couldnt have another Max contract next season.

Only IF some Super Star accept a 3 years max contract...

1 person likes this.
  9. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Isn't Lowry hurt right now? You'd actually be watching a Douglas/Harden backcourt.

10. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Imagine a Yao/Scola frontcourt.............................................................................................................................................Imagine the end of the world..............................

12. teebone21

teebone21 Member

lowry will be doing same thing lin is doing right now, standing in corner shooting 3 pointers

13. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

You guys should meditate, smoke pot and hit some of that newage-hipster-lady pu-tang more often.. You all are way too uptight.

14. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Imagine a Healthy Yao, T-mac, Dikembe, and Steve Francis.

15. kinein

kinein Member

imagine if we had hakeem + jordan + magic + harden + and dennis rodman.

16. trowa

trowa Member

imagine hakeem, yao ming, tmac, harden and rondo in their prime playing together....
    i mean, DREAM

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

shaking my head

18. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Imagine Courtney Fortson, Scott Machado, Royce White, Chandler Paraons and D-Mo.

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Watching Dragic destroy Irving is so painfull. Imagine if we had him. Dude is a beast. Lot better anything we have outside of Harden.

1 person likes this.
  20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Irving is always a liability on the defensive end. He allowed 1.02 ppp last season...worst among guards.