1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

twin towers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MykTek, May 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MykTek

MykTek Member

y not go to a twin tower formation and a zone when dallas goes to small ball....they haven't showed the ability to make all there shots....just an idea, hwat ya'll think?

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure Jason Terry is licking his chops at that idea.

3. dumbholly

dumbholly Member

if Jason Terry is somehow able to continue his ridiculous shooting...iono...i think we should give the twin towers thing a serious look

4. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

That means that we will have either Yao or Deke guarding Dirk and the other one guarding Howard. I dont like how that sounds at all. No way Yao or Deke can guard Dirk one on one without fouling him or giving up easy pts. Additionally if Yao and Deke are on the floor at the same time then the Mavs will be able to get some fast break pts really fast if they do get a defensive rebound.

If the Mavs start out really hot and the Rockets get down early then I wouldnt mind trying this but I just dont feel that it will work. Our best bet is to get back to playing solid defense and not have stupid TOs like we did the past two games. It would also help if someone other than T-mac steped up in the 4th quarter.

5. Asian Sensation

Arghhhhh I think Jason Terry is my new favorite player to hate along with Dirk! Terry looks like a little pre-pubescent boy pretending to be superman when he tries to flex.

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

The problem isn't our interior defense but stopping their outside shooting.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if we play yao and deke together then one of them will be forced to run to the corner and guard the 3 if the ball is swung there. that isn't good for us.

we should play man to man with the bigs hedging on the pick and rolls.