1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch (the bear)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tb-Cain, Mar 3, 2000.

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

During the introductions last night, when Clutch came riding in, my 3-year old ball of energy dropped everything and fell to his knees - just staring, mesmerized.

So Dad said, "You like that bear?"

And Son replied, "No - motorcycle."

That's my boy!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

excellent story.

so, any comments about the power dancers, yet?

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I hate that stupid bear, but I nearly died laughing/crying the first time I saw him in that bubble/bear suit. He comes out and "bucks up" to officials and opposing players.

Woo, I was laughing my arse off.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

4. ArmChair Coach

is that the thing where he gets upside down in his suit and jumps around so that it appears he is bouncing on his head?

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

Hows this. I've sat next to TWO different people who were convinced that Air Clutch was a robot.

6. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

One of the best things in life is to hear a little kid say something "adultlike". For example, me and the boys were helping a friend of ours build a patio in his back yard. So we are in the driveway shoveling dirt into a wheelbarrow and his 4 year old son is "helping" with a tiny garden shovel. Well he starts giggling about something and drops about 2 ounces of dirt on the driveway. He looks at the dirt and looks up at me and with a straight face says "My bad, Dog". I thought I was going to make a puddle I was laughing so hard. Damn, I love hanging out with that kid!

------------------
    The truth is out there.

7. LHutz

LHutz Member

Clutch the Bear HAS to be a robotic machine, you don't think the ROCKETS would use a real BEAR DO YOU?!?!? Think of the danger to the spectaders!!

Think of the LAWSUITS!!!!

DUKE DUKE DUKE DUKE OF SUE SUE SUE!!!

8. Mulder

A bear?
    In a suit? A three piece?
    With Robotics?
    Like the 6 million dollar bear?
    Huh? [​IMG]
    Right!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    The truth is out there.

9. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

is that bear a robot or not. how is it possible for it to be a person bouncing on head like that?

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

i know he's probably real but i mean how does he do that

11. Mulder

There is space in the suit to turn his body around inside the suit. So his feet are in the head of the suit when he is on his "head".

P.S. I also like to watch those "secrets of magic revealed" shows. [​IMG]

------------------
    The truth is out there.

12. ArmChair Coach

LHutz is a god!

[This message has been edited by ArmChair Coach (edited March 04, 2000).]

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Air Clutch" is what they call him.

14. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

I sat third row to a Phoenix game last year when he was wearing that Bubble Suit.

He does this thing where he jumps around and then looks like he is falling over and then jumps at the last second to catch his balance.

This other guy was sitting courtside and had just got a mixed drink. He was kicked back and ready for the action. Clutch did that thing where he looked like he was going to fall on the guy and the man spilled his drink all over himself. You should have seen the look on his face. I really thought he was going to stomp Clutch into the ground.

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mulder..you just guessing or know that for a fact? its just weird that he can turn himself around so fast and everything