1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First time I never hear......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glyyde, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

anyone complaining about moochie bashing...... normally when we lost a game, ppl come in here and bash the players and there will be ppl standing up for that player..... but it seems to not be the case here for Moochie.....

once again, I din get to watch the game and hell yeah, I am really dissapointed with Moochie (woke up 6am in the morning just to follow Clutch chat and Moochie lost this game for us!!!). I watched the game against Dallas and moochie seems really lost on the court...... I wonder what's his problem, not use to the new Rockets' passing game? It seems to me that everytime he checked into the game, we will either loss the lead, or let the other team pull away from us......

well, I know there's lots of Moochie bashing in this bbs now..... but I just find it funny that it seems to me that all the ppl here agree for once that MOOCHIE SUCKS!!!! hopefully he will recover.... afterall, he did well last season din he?

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I think the tying of his braids, transformation into fro-mode, and back to tying them up again caused his brain to malfunction and suck like this. :D

3. kountzer

kountzer Member

Don't blame it all on Moochie. The whole team was lethargic. Steve was clanging shots, Eddie Griffin couldn't find a hoop or a block, Yao was ineffective, Hawkins was shooting air balls, it was a total team loss.

~ kountzer ~

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I blame it on Moochie because the way he ran the offense when coming into the game. Last year, it was a different story. This year, no one knows where his game went...

5. Stylez

Stylez Member

Hell, I'll stand up for Mooch. Yes he played terribly and he cost us this game but really, its only 1 game. In the past Mooch has been one of our best clutch players. I think the problem is that he's trying to re-adjust to having a smaller role w/ the Rox. Last yr. b/c of all the injuries, Mooch got a lot of PT and was always on the court during championship minutes(last 5 of the game). This yr. w/ a healthy Rice (who is balling out of his @$$ of late) and KT moving to the 3, small ball has really been fazed out. With Mobes going down (oh maybe he really is important to the team) its back to moving the Franchise to the SG spot where he seems to disappear for long periods of time and letting Mooch play a lot after his min decreased as compared to last yr. Mooch is okay w/ me and I think that once he stops trying to do too much w/ his limited PT, he'll be fine.

6. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

actually its not just one game.... maybe this is the one he lost for us.... but he is really playing badly this season..... really hope he comes out of his dog house and play the way he did last season

7. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Good post...Its crazy to blame a loss on a second string point guard,,,For all those who are so hot to loose Cat,,This was probably a good preview of ..life without Cattino Mobley.........

8. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

it is a really hard life without Cat..... the one everyone bash him for playing too much 1-on-1 when he started to learn how to play team offense also.......

9. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

The game was ours, all we had to do was not screw it up....

1) Mooch hit a big 3

2) We call a timeout with 5 seconds on the shot clock. Mooch is oblivious to the shot clock after the T.O. and dribbles the ball for 5 seconds until the shot clock expires - INEXCUSABLE!

3) Mooch misses two free throws.

4) Mooch get called for carrrying with his crossover when there was no reason to use it - I didn't think anybody was even playing up on him.

Why is the ball in Moochie's hands at the end of the game and not Steve's?

Absolutely Mindboggling.

10. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

that's the thing that bother me also....how come Francis did not touch the ball the last minute till the last possesion.....

anyway, this game is over...... the Rocks better beat portland now..... to avoid the first lossing streak this season.....

11. shuttle

shuttle Member

I like Moochie, but he hasn't played the same since he got his big contract with the Rockets. Maybe he's not as concerned about his performance now that he's set. I hope I'm not right, that would be really disappointing.:(

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Moochie is this year's Cato, the BBS's official target practice dummy.:D

13. gram!

gram! Member

ok, first, moochie got his big contract beginning last year, and he played very well in starting role most of last season, so you can't say that he has sucked since his big contract.

but he has been struggling big time this season, so far. my suggestion?

i think his sleep problem might have come back.
    moochie had severe problems with insomnia for most of his career, and i wonder if that is not what might be the problem. i remember somebody saying that they thought moochie could have been a good player in seattle had it not been for the insomnia, maybe it is back. not trying to make excuses, but the play has been erratic.

it is a possibility.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Duties of a pg on our team:

* Distribute the ball quickly
    * Run a potent fast break
    * Hit the open jumper
    * Hit a freakin freethrow
    * Play any kind of DEFENSE
    * Be aware of the shot-clock

Which one of these things is Moochie even average at? :rolleyes:

He wont distribute the ball. Wants to keep on dribbling.

Fast-break? Whats that? Its much more fun to slow it down and start dribbling.

Forget hitting an open jumper. How about taking one? Never mind, lets just dribble some more! Its fun damnit!

Honestly, shouldnt a pg in the freakin NBA be able to hit one damn ft? If it was up to Moochie he would committ a 10-sec violation at the free throw line by just dribbling the ball.

Defense. Yeah right. Moochie is just jealous of the guy who is currently dribbling the ball. He just wants to get the ball back as quickly as possible. The best way is to let the opposing player score as quickly as possible. Now he has his sweet ball back! Dribbling is the way of life!

Screw the shot-clock. The shot-clock is our enemy! It just wants to prevent us from accomplishing our life long goal. Driiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbling!

Moochie Norris must have been a Spalding ball in his past life.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont really care, I blame the loss on Moochie. Sure, Eddie missed shots, Hawkins missed shots, stevie missed shots, etc... But, we had the lead in the 4th quarter with 1 minute left. Moochie, within a span of a few minutes, didnt get a shot off before the shot clock ran out, missed 2 HUGE free throws, and was called for travelling. This loss is due to Moochie messing up late in the 4th quarter.

16. shuttle

shuttle Member

I agree, he played ok. It just seems like he penetrated and dished the ball even more when the Rockets first picked him up.

Also, don't forget how out of shape and overweight he showed up last year. I know he missed training camp that year, but there is no reason to be overweight.

You might be onto something with the insomnia. I forgot all about that. Maybe they'll fix that and he'll return to old form.:D

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

It looks to me that Moochie's main focus is his hair and then his social life, followed by basketball. He looks tired and disturbed on the court. Is he getting enough rest? Is he getting coaching instruction about the passing game? WHY MUST OUR POINT GUARDS DRIBBLE(both of them) THE BALL UP THE FLOOR? The fastest way to move the ball up is to pass it. Then we have more time to get it to the open man, for our best chance for a score!!

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Umm...Isnt that the point of a point guard?