1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe podcast returns with a discussion on Rockets and firing of McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Nov 19, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Here's the link.

Very good podcast. First half covers the Rockets and the firing of McHale.

Also, just want to add, can't wait to Lowe is able to leave ESPN so I can enjoy his work without feeling dirty about it.

Goes into a lot of topics we have all been debating. Is Jones good, should Lawson start, was the firing justified, etc. etc.

#1 HamJam, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I always liked David Thorpe. Very insightful analysis (although it was tough to get much of this from his online chats on BSPN.com [since discontinued] because his answers were usually no more than five words, tops).

3. dmoneybangbang

Great podcast. Pretty much sums up what we know... Harden's attitude has been diva like and he worked more on his brand this summer than his game.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Confirming Harden's diva attitude and work ethic.. :eek:

5. dmoneybangbang

Which is why I imagine Morey looked so upset and troubled, his franchise player has take a huge step back mentally.

6. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I listened to this today as well. 40 min. of Rockets talk that did not originate at CF. Must be a first. Everyone should listen. It was a good discussion.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just listened to it. Agreed, good podcast. Thorpe is spot on.

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Stop hating on the guy..we all know he's inconsistent. But look at his stats, he is still top 5 in the league, and he will still have a great year. You rather have stupid MilkHair than Harden, thats laughable.

Harden needs a new coach that can show him his streghts. MilkHairs leadership is questionable and weak. He's just a good human being, but a bad coach.

Let it go.....

9. s.b713

s.b713 Member

That boy James spent his summer working on his image and that's why he showed up out of shape to start the season, meanwhile Steph Curry spent his summer working on his game and that's why they're on a roll.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Thorpe is pretty much spot on.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what was that quote from thorpe, about Presti and Durant would already be somewhere else?

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He admitted in that SI article from preseason that he went a month without even touching a basketball. I guess maybe he thought he'd just play himself into shape, no big deal?

13. Nook

Nook Member

He is maddeningly inconsistent in her personal life.

When he trains and concentrated on basketball, he REALLY trains and concentrates on basketball...... but he also lets his personal life get in the way and lets basketball come second.

He needs to decide what he wants to do. He can be Jerry Stackhouse or he can be a first ballot Hall of Famer, but it is his call.

Morey already went through this with T-Mac, who did not work nearly as hard as he should have.

Part of why Morey looked so sad is that he knows there is nothing he or anyone else can do to make Harden play/practice hard..... he learned that with T-Mac.

1 person likes this.
  14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Basically this, good post..

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Thorpe: "players liked McHale, except for maybe 1 or 2 of the stars"

And then he proceeds to say Dwight probably liked him. LOL

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think some of you guys are sabotaging the interest in this podcast by just focusing on what they had to say about Harden (at least that's why I waited to long to listen). People already kind of hate Lowe for some reason and probably think they are bashing Harden and the decision to let go of Mchale.

This was probably one of the most insightful podcasts (outside of clutchfans) that has focused on the Rockets. EVERYONE should listen. It is very interesting.

We are all trying to make sense of what is happening and what will happen, these guys did a good job of telling us what they think is wrong and it all so damn insightful.

There are a million new threads in the GARM and I feel like they touched on every topic Rockets fans were most interested in.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought he was out for a month because of an ankle injury.

Did the article state when he took the time off, or why? there are plenty of players that take a break from basketball after the season before they get back into the swing of things.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Why do you think Les was so pissed? It's obvious he has zero desire to endure T-Mac 2.0, and who can blame him? At first I thought Alexander was bluffing, but now I'm not so sure. If Harden really wants to play his way off the team, it might be easier than we want to accept.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To "give his body a break" and "get away from the game," in the words of the author.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/20/op...ockets-lamarcus-aldridge-spurs-season-preview

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Oh i agree...spot on with everything..but most fans won't sit through it. Podcasts usually don't get a lot of interest.