1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this season a success?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vstexas09, Dec 21, 2014.

?

Are you satisfied with this season?

1. Yes

132 vote(s)
    79.0%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Depends on what goals were made for the season:

Don't have a losing season - check
    Be closer to fixing your QB issue - not so much
    Improve the defense, especially secondary - check
    Get better production out of linebackers - not so much
    Have a solid run game - check
    Beat Indy - not so much
    Get continued impressive production from Watt - double check
    Get some production from the return game - not so much

1 person likes this.
  2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Opportunistic defenses probably have a hard time forcing as many turnovers in their following seasons, but he definitely had us winning the takeaway battle which never happened last season.

And this win gives him a real feather in his coaching cap. BOB's Texans beat who they were supposed to beat. Not beating Indy sucks, and it would have been meh if BOB's best win of 2014 was against the Bills. A quality win over a high profile opponent/rival who had an OC with an axe to grind is something any fan can smile about.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

IMO, this season was about getting rid of the losing culture left over from the 14-game losing streak. Suffice to say, if we win next week, that's a huge mission accomplished.

2-14 to 9-7 with a chance at making the playoffs going into the last week of the season. That's really all you need to know.

Funny, if not for the last few minutes of the 1st half of the steelers game.....we would probably already be in the playoffs.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed. With all the QB changes (Fitz to Mal to Fitz to Savage to Keenum) and the quality of those 4 QBs, no one can realistically us to overtake a consistent Indy team for the division title. Just the fact that we can end this season with a winning record constitutes a success, in my book.

BOB definitely has some stuff to work on...but he also has a lot of stuff to work with, now. Hoping JDC can come back and be dominant.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He certainly has an uphill battle, but they are making advances in surgery all the time and there are success stories. I take the fact that he could still play on the injury as a positive sign that it wasn't THAT bad. Hopefully the affected area was small and in a good spot to where he can make the type of recovery that other NFL players have recently. Travis Kelce is having a pretty good sophomore year after microfracture in his rookie season so there's reason for hope.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

At the beginning of the year 8-7 at this point with this squad I would have said yes but given the fact that we SHOULD have won at least 3 of the games we lost...nah.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

I'm watching a game on Sunday where my team can still make the playoffs if they win...after the disaster of last year's final 6 games that were terrible to watch as a fan hell yea this is a success.

8. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Please make polls public. It's nice to see where everyone on the board goes on this. I don't really understand the reason why this needs to be anonymous.

I think it was a great season. I think almost anything would be good after a 2 win season. We have a good look at which players work and which ones don't.

#68 Brando2101, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's weird that 14 people would say "no". Maybe we have 14 Jags/Titans fans who thought the question was about their team?

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

How is it a losing culture with one losing season after two 10+ win seasons?

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

It's hard to see how anyone would say this season has not been a success, unless they choose to disregard the season the Texans just came off of. It's just too bad that they have to depend on a couple other teams losing to sneak in to the playoffs. I honestly believe if they were to get into the playoffs anything could happen as the team really seems to be peeking at the right time (despite all the bad breaks). The defense is really on fire and we all know (or should) what wins championships. Gotta strike when the iron's hot!

Go Texans!

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It wasn't just a losing season, it was a 14-game losing streak. That will kill the spirit in any locker room.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Meh they could have won 11 IMHO.

DD

14. Mashing

Mashing Member

Just give them the Pittsburgh game back. That was all self inflicted. We should be heading to the playoffs at 10-6 (assuming we beat Jacksonville).

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are on mediocrity treadmill. I don't see how this team will be better next year. Will they get their QB of the future? They had a chance to get TB, Carr, etc. The probably aren't getting marriota or winston. Their defense got a ton of TOV. Just like last year they were unlucky to get so few TOV this year they are lucky and getting a lot of extra TOVs.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Better turn around than TB, ATL (shame they might win division), Washington, Raiders, and Jags: check
    Not as good as the recent 2-14 success stories (KC and Indy): not so much

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it's all about your definition of "success".

I am not sure a 9-7 season with no playoffs fits with the above. If the Texans sneak into the postseason, it changes to a "successful season".

18. Win

Win Contributing Member

Meh they could have lost 11 IMHO.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They could have won or lost 16 IMHO

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

they could have tied 16 IMHO