1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst movie ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by arno_ed, Jul 28, 2015.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Having watched some bad movies (which were meant to be good movies) I wanted to start a thread about bad movies. What are the worst movies you have seen?

I cannot remember every terrible movies but here are a couple of the top of my head.

Planet of the apes 2001.
    It was a terrible movie, but the ending really finished the job. Why stray from the original movie which had a great ending.

Transformers franchise.
    I had big expectations of the first movie. I loved transformers as a kid, and I did not know much about Michael Bay, sure I saw a couple of his movies (which I did not like), but I had no idea he was behind it. After Transformers I make sure that I stay away from Michael Bay movies. How can you make a movie about giant alien killer robots and make sure that you cannot tell these giant alien killer robots apart. Most of the time you have no idea who is winning or losing. ON top of that he focuses on some annoying kid that nobody likes or even cares for.

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull
    This truly is one of the worst movies ever made. It made no sense has bad acting and the story just does not make any sense.

Batman and Robin
    I did not want to include movies which were made cheesy on purpose, but this movie is just to terrible not to mention.

I would also like to add 2 categories of movies that were not terrible per se but for some reason I would like to mention it.

1: Movie wasn’t too bad, but the ending destroyed it:
    Edge of Tomorrow.
    I actually liked the movie, it was a fun movie to watch, but it should have ended a minute before. What I hate about this ending was that it made no sense whatsoever, but it was also so terribly predictable (similar to Interstellar, which also made no sense but was so predictable)

2: Movie destroyed an entire genre singlehandedly.
    Saw.
    Saw one wasn’t even a bad movie, it was ok. But it was the start of murderpron which led to the end of the Horror genre. I love a good horror movie. The right combination of suspense, anticipation , frights and monsters can make a great movie. But after saw most Horror movies only focussed on the gore and forgot that gore does not make a good movie.

#1 arno_ed, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uwe Boll game adaptations

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

The Dark Knight & 300

I mean... amirite?

4. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2460488/

"In search of an ancient Chinese scroll, a Chinese agent battles against Japanese Yakuzas and British mercenaries."

This is a movie that will blow your mind and expand your horizons...on how bad a movie can possibly be. Before watching this movie, I couldn't even imagine any movie being this bad. Try watching the whole thing. I dare you.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Transformers and Batman and Robin are good ones.

Gigli
    From Justin to Kelly
    Battlefield Earth

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I never watched Battlefield Earth, but I hear that movie mentioned before.

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

PootyTang

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Last Airbender

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

/thread

Literally, the worst thing I ever saw. I watched it because I heard it was so bad that I had to see it for my own eyes. The show was too good.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Almost anything with Adam Sandler after the Wedding Singer. Pixels, Jack and Jill, Grown Ups, etc.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Baby Geniuses series. I like to watch crappy movies from time to time, but these are unbearable.

Avatar: the last air bender. **** you M. Night! Everything is wrong in this. It's not enjoyable for fans of the show or people that haven't seen it.

Worst movie of 2015: Pixels. Haven't we learned that Adam Sandler and Kevin James should never be in a movie together?

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I really hated this is 40. Perhaps that's because I had high expectations... But man, it was a comedy with no comedy in it.

15. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yea i agree with you on that one possibly the worst movie ever put on film.

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Agree on The Last Airbender.

Silent Hill 2 was terrible.

Saw and Edge of Tomorrow were great movies.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

From an angsty nerd fanboy perspective, the first solo Wolverine was the worst movie ever, closely followed by Alien 3.

From a movie lover's perspective, anything Uwe Boll is absolutely terrible.

Sharknado deserves an honorable mention. It's not even ironically funny to me, just plain terrible.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wing Commander - and I worked on it.

:)

DD