1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://liveactionnews.org/breaking-...or-caught-on-tape-selling-aborted-baby-parts/

here is the procedure she is describing:

[​IMG]

Planned Parenthood get $540 million of our tax dollars every year

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Planned Parenthood was caught doing to puppies what its top abortionist bragged it does to babies, they'd all be in prison.</p>&mdash; Sean Davis (@seanmdav) <a href="https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/620961209362317312">July 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="576" height="394" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jjxwVuozMnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. Remii

Remii Member

Wow... That chick is discussing her vile actions and eating her food like it's no big deal...

But unfortunately this shouldn't surprise anyone.

3. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Abortion is never going to be pretty. I am totally in favor of it, though, warts and all.

The world needs fewer babies.

4. axstar713

axstar713 Member

Yeah, the way she casually goes about eating her salad while discussing this is just bizarre. I actually thought this was going to be b.s. upon first glance but then, nope...just wow.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Is that legal or not? If not, why is this in D&D?

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This is a wart? So you think some poor child has all the dignity of a "wart?" Despicable beyond belief.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

As best I can tell...

It's illegal to sell human bits, it's not illegal to be compensated for admin/costs etc. What PP's doing has been deemed legal by courts before.

Mother must give informed consent and this is all going for research. Not quite as B movie-like as is being portrayed. But always lots of ethical issues around medical research, especially involving body parts. Add in super charged language around abortion and a dash of hyperbole and you get this type of story.

I don't know how this compares to the 'business side' of organ donors, or other medical research. I suspect it's all very uncomfortable to those of us not involved and full of ethical landmines. I would hope that given their super high profile PP would err on the side of caution and propriety -- but possibly not.

8. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Three inaccuracies/vague areas here that are meant to inflame this topic:

1) a fetus does not equal a baby or child, period. medically, legally, logically.

If Planned Parenthood killed babies this discussion would be moot.

2)
    Misdirection meant to cast aspersions based on legality and again, the whole child thing.

3)
    Nothing is said about what happens to the fetal body parts: it is implied that they are sold for-profit. But the exact mechanism of this is left incredibly vague and it matters to what purpose these organs are used and for what reason if you're going to scratch at a bare-bones legal case.

42 U.S. Code § 289g–2 - Prohibitions regarding human fetal tissue

is the law quoted ad hoc.

now, this topic looks like it is meant to generate maximum moral outrage, but it wouldn't pass muster in the court system. If it did, let that process begin as well rather than "shouting by a thousand pro-life blogs".

The flip side of this topic for people getting onto their moral high horses is that Planned Parenthood MAY be saving valuable fetal tissue that was going to go to waste for research and life-saving purposes from lawful and consensual abortions.

Of course, a debate over soundbytes is always better because it allows people to focus on the ra-ra vague illegal and immoral assertions that always comes with restricting individual rights and acheiving political goals with nothing more than moral suasion.

#8 Northside Storm, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    ElPigto, vinsensual and Freik like this.
  9. Commodore

How much of a breach before you'll call it a child? Toe? Finger? Head? Whole body?

10. Northside Storm

until the gestation period is completed with childbirth (which has a medical and legal definition).

11. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I said it before and I am not afraid to say it again: I am PRO-ABORTION.

I want fewer humans being born, especially when they are not wanted in the first place. Having 19 kids and counting is far more despicable that aborting a few.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Does that mean you support abortions at 8 months or am I misunderstanding your statement?

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Does this mean you'd support a mother, on the day she is scheduled for delivery, changing her mind and asking for an abortion?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have an impassioned stance on abortion one way or the other, but when people give their opinions on the subject, I often find myself thinking that the world would be better with more abortions....even extremely late term abortions that happen decades after birth.

1 person likes this.
  15. Northside Storm

no, it means I support accuracy and discourage mischaracterization. A fetus is not a baby or a child until childbirth, medically and legally speaking. period.

Just as there are distinctions between being in the gestation period and not, there are distinctions within the gestation period. The easiest example is the difference between a fetus and a zygote. Or a fetus that has passed the age of viability and one that has not.

You are misunderstanding my statement and trying to imply beliefs I don't have from it. I don't even support abortions--but neither do I support a simplistic view of the issue or misguided policy based on nothing more than moral blackmail.

#15 Northside Storm, Jul 14, 2015
  16. Northside Storm

Again--

The argument you're posing is the same moral canary this article is trying to raise by defining a fetus as a baby. If that were the case, this would be murder plain and simple and unlawful. But it isn't. And it's important to realize why that is the case before calling PP baby-murderers who need to have their federal funding removed.

What I'm saying is if you want to base an argument on pseudo-legal considerations, follow through. This article doesn't.

->

#16 Northside Storm, Jul 14, 2015
  17. Commodore

Well he said period, that's it. Discussion is over. This is not a child folks, no matter what you think. The law and science have spoken.

[​IMG]

Legally speaking, define childbirth for us. Full breach? Partial breach?

When you're trying to harvest organs, these definitions are important.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I simply asked for clarification based on what you said, I'm not trying to attack abortion. Not a debate worth having on the internet. Just wanted clarification based on your "not a child until childbirth is complete" statement to figure out what you actually meant by that.

Sounds like you are just stating a technicality on the legal definition, which is fine.

19. Northside Storm

It's an important distinction to make if somebody wants Congress to repeal federal funding for a medical procedure for legal reasons or do anything of substance--one of a series of distinctions this article fails to address.

clickbait sensationalism at its finest.

#19 Northside Storm, Jul 14, 2015
  20. Northside Storm

->

This is typically marked with a birth certificate, a legal document that certifies child birth.

It's an important distinction because among other things--

http://www.ascb.org/newsfiles/fetaltissue.pdf