1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best burgers

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lady_Di, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

in [and out] before "in n out" :eek:

That's what she...

3. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

In-N-Out = Gameover

4. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I prefer Five Guys over In-N-Out.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have not tried Five Guys yet, so IDK about it. I do know that In-N-Out is just like any other fast food burger, nothing special. Whataburger gets my vote simply due to them having fancy ketchup.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

De Ja Vue. Mighty Fine.

I eat jr bacons' from Jack in the Crack most of the time, though.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Five guys... the fries are like crack

8. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

9. Steve_Francis_rules

In-and-out is overrated. I've never been to Five Guys, but I think I'll give it a try now.

10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

In-and-Out Five Guys?

11. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

When I moved to Austin it was the first time I'd see a Culver's place and it was pretty good. Maybe a bit buttery and terrible for you, but good none the less.

12. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Smashburger has quickly become my favorite burger spot. Easily beats Five Guys in just about every category. The patties taste perfect and juicy, the veggies are fresh and crispy, and the SmashFries are rather nice -- they don't need ketchup.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Fur Burgers.

[​IMG]

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Five Guys gives In-N-Out a run for its money. That being said, there's something about Beck's Prime in Houston (especially the location on Westheimer & Chimney Rock near the Galleria with its outdoor seating area) and increasingly now Smashburger that gets them my vote.

Oh, and Culver's beats Whataburger any day.

15. Pete the Cheat

I am convinced In-N-Out puts some sort of nicotine (or other addictive contraband) in their meat to create the addiction.

The first time you have one you ask yourself what all the fuss is about, but then for some reason you find yourself craving one in a couple days out of the blue.

I have tried 5 Guys and the similarity to In-N- Out is uncanny...only minus the addictive substance. As a result I have never desired a return trip.

Best burger I have had in Houston (or anywhere for that matter) is from Beck's Prime: "Bill's Burger"

you gotta down the monster before the juices from the beef, grilled onions and jalapenos rips through the bun. you may find yourself watching over your shoulder to avoid the judgemental glances from those around you as you funnel the left over juices out of the wax paper its served in. it's a kick in the wallet at $9, but it ain't a high price for heaven.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

totally forgot about Beck's Prime since I am not in Houston, they are absolutely the best fast food burger, maybe overall burger. No questions

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, the Hickory Cheeseburger is an epiphany.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Interesting. I haven't had Beck's Prime since I was little... will have to try it again since I live pretty close to one. The West University Smashburger isn't too far, either.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

beck's prime is fantastic but expensive as burgers go. i have a serious affinity for five guys... i think their burgers are terrific, especially since their jalapenos are of the fresh variety, not that pickled crap. smashburger is also damn good and their smashfries may be some of the best around, although i recall not being a fan of the bun i had... a little sweet for my tastes. but if memory serves me correct i think you can choose your bun, no?

either way those would be my top 3 burger chains in houston.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I've personally never been, but everyone I talk to swears that Five Guys is the best burger they've ever had.