1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not the biggest fan of the endless stream of comic book like movies, their sequels, prequels, spinoffs, etc.

That said, I thought Days of Future Past or whatever the last XMEN was called was really entertaining.

Maybe this will be too... though I can't understand why anyone would cast Olivia Munn... she annoys me... and yes, I am a man, i just find her kind of annoying.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This movie needs Mister Sinister.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm just saying, there seems to be a collective out there that crap on the overusage of CGI - obviously moreso than the underusage of CGI.

Didn't mean to single "you" out - rather, I'm using "you" more collectively to define a group, rather than just you, singularly.

This franchise really hit it out of the park with its casting choices. Unlike Marvel casting relatively unknowns (Chris Evans, Pratt, Hemsworth), they're going with Academy Award winners / nominees and just A+ actors in general.

I dunno, I'm sure they're getting fan hate-mail / internet comments about this and that. I'm guessing they'll fix it via CGI or some other form of movie magic.

Probably that tall and a bit bulkier too.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone know if they're going the 4 Horsemen route? Might be too oversaturated with the volume of actors, but I think the Apo storyline needs the 4H.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure they are. I read that the four horsemen will be
    Magneto, Psylocke, Storm and Archangel

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I liked Apocalypse better in the cartoon. See....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hey!

Those guys stole my Ivan Ooze reference!

9. 713

713 Member

Channing Tatum has reportedly dropped out of Gambit.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/29/gambit-channing-tatums-deal-reportedly-falling-apart

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I guess he figured out he can't do a Cajun accent?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Good. As funny as the guy was in the Jump Street movies, he's usually pretty wooden & boring as an actor.

Hopefully they'll get Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost), the actor they originally wanted for Gambit in Wolverine.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know if a Gambit standalone is really a great idea. We all know they'll reboot XMen a few years after Apocalypse, so why not just wait until then and have Gambit just be on the team.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yep. Glad Tatum is out but they need to just scrap this whole thing completely.

15. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Gambit is not interesting.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Gambit is a player. He is one funny loving charismatic fool that pursues hot chicks without trying hard. I looked up to him growing up.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Eh you know he is a fictional character right. Do you often look up to people who are not real?:)

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was him 20+ years ago. :grin: Do not know about his accents as of now.

19. Dwarf

Dwarf Member

Yeah at the moment it seems that almost any new movie is related to a comic. Even new series and stuff. The scary thing is that almost all of them are just good. When they announced to make a movie about Antman I was like wtf now they want to exploit every comic ever written but well last week I went and it was a lot of fun actually. So I am still positive about all these new movies although I fear that at some point people will get tired of it.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think TPTB just sees all the success that Marvel has had with solo hero films, and want to capitalize off that.

Because of First Class, we basically have the origin stories, in a nutshell, of Prof X, Magneto, Beast, etc.

They'd be taking a gamble with making a movie about gambit because he's pretty unknown, but if they get the right actor, the gambit they took (tee hee hee) would pay off.

Speaking of, as Tatum steps away, who'd be a good Gambit, you think? Josh Holloway as mentioned before, seems like a solid choice, but he's a bit on the old side.