1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
Tags:
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

I hope his absence is just the team being overly cautious. I hope he would be out there if this were the playoffs. It aggravates me to see hm on the bench. If anything can be good from this, perhaps the increased playing time can help improve DMo. DMo looked pretty good last night. If he can become more consistent, it could play huge dividends later in the season. It is time for DMo to put up or shut up!!!!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He needs to stop smiling when the Rockets are losing.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

To be honest, it used to bother me when he got chirped for smiling and having fun.
    But last night when Dallas erased the deficit and took the lead they showed the Houston bench during a timeout and Dwight had an ear to ear smile, cracking up and laughing with Troy Daniels and Canaan. Kinda sad.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Agreed!!!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you've gotta be kidding me...

6. cml750

cml750 Member

About what???? That I hope the team is just being overly cautious meaning his injury is not really that bad, that I hope DMo benefits from this if it has to happen, or that he smiles a little too much sometimes when he shouldn't???

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

People should be banned for saying things like this.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The whole "Why is Dwight smiling at this particular moment in time?" argument is so damn tiresome. Just because he is smiling doesn't mean he isn't engaged with what the team is doing. It's pretty annoying that people seem to think that Dwight needs to be a certain way at certain times to be a certain player.

"Dwight needs to stoop smiling when the Rockets are losing." - You've gotta be kidding me...

9. cml750

cml750 Member

Okay! I can see both sides of the fence on this issue and to tell you you truth the fact that he is on the bench bothers me more than him smiling. I am not accusing Dwight of not being injured, I just hope it is the team being overly cautious meaning his injury is not that serious.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Heaven forbid people might actually share their opinions and perspectives on rockets players on a.....you know....rockets fan forum site.

While some might not agree and though it might bother some, there's nothing wrong with people sharing this viewpoint 1) because it isn't uncommon for fans to feel that way 2) more importantly there's nothing wrong with how they said it.

11. mclawson

mclawson Member

Dwight just has the opposite of Resting b**** Face. Deal with it.

1 person likes this.
  12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT DWIGHT IS SMILING ABOUT. HE IS HUMAN, HE IS NOT SMILING BECAUSE WE ARE LOSING TO ASSUME SO IS COMPLETELY INSANE AND IRRATIONAL.

You wanna be mad at Dwight because he can't make free frows FINE! You think he posts up too much FINE! But when you question a guys character and whether he cares that's where I step in. I don't even like Mchale as a coach but you will never see me say anything about him caring about whether or not the Rockets win or being soft. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The smiling while we were down 30 in Memphis is what pissed me off..then he proceeded to turn the ball over in the post. He needs to play more like Tyson chandler..Stop posting up!. He's just not good at it.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Personally I think players should be tied to their chairs and electro shocked when their team is losing. THAT will keep them from smiling.

15. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

These are the people who wanted to burn Kevin Martin for laughing on the bench during a blowout. The players have improved. We got Harden for Martin. Maybe we could get an upgrade for these whiners.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dmo's had some of his better games against the mavs now, going back to preseason and last winter. with regret, i fully expect him not to show up the rest of the week

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Zomg he smiled and doesn't care about the rockets!

Dude was our biggest cheerleader last night.

18. rockets13champs

Prp was used by hines ward his super mvp year and troy polomalou they were both back in 2 weeks

19. treeman

treeman Member

Jesus, people getting mad because someone is smiling... SMH

Would you feel better if he had tears running down his cheek? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

was DMo not putting up or shutting up last night?