1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Red Rowdy Game Rituals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Feb 11, 2011.

Tags:
  1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

you guys need to synchronized the clapper things to make an optical illusion behind the basket for opposing players. I think that would work better than when people go crazy with them.

3. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I suggest the crescendo clap. As the opposing player steps up to the freethrow line, do a slow clap and gradually get louder and faster culminating in a frenzy by the time he shoots.

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Another thing that you guys can try to implement that Aggies do at Aggie-Basketball games is sit down when the opposing team is taking a free throw, and as the player is getting ready to release the shot, everyone JUMP UP.

Works fairly well in Aggie-Land :)

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

in before the "rowdies are lame" posts :p

nice write up 00rg

6. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Another idea, i actually heard this watching a Bucks game but when the opposing team shot clock is down to 10 everyone start chanting 5-4-3-2-1, it seems like it would make teams rush if they arnt paying attention :grin:

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Great blog entry, rocketgirl! What a wonderful idea for a topic! ;)

I know I've been interested to know about these rituals for quite some time. I think it helps those "non-Rowdies" understand you guys better.

Keep up the good work.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Bull Pen ftw. ;)

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Keep up the good work, you should have Les or Toyota get you a Prius for all your driving.

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

keep up the good work red rowdies :)

11. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Every time the Rowdies walk past me before the game I put out my hand for high-fives! Next time, someone needs to say....hey, are you pugsly8422 from ClutchFans? Free beer to the first person to ask!

Oh yeah, great write up RG!!

Pugs

12. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

STOP CHANTING THAT STUPID SOCCER HUMM!!!

AND START YELLING...........DEFENSE. EVERYTIME! U GUYS ARE NOT GETTING ANYBODY CRUNK HUMMING

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Soccer has the most passionate fans of ANY sport. There's nothing quite like being at a European soccer game -- incredible experience.

14. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

YES I WATCH SOCCER AND YOUR RIGHT. IT IS COOL WHEN ITS DONE THERE......BUT NOT AT A BASKETBALL GAME.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The difference is @ the European games, the whole crowd is chanting in unison. At Rockets games, one section is chanting. It'd be a lot cooler if there was something that could get the whole arena to chant/cheer.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Your caps lock button is broke.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Great write up. Keep up the good work.

200 mile commute? I would have thought you lived in Houston. Respect.

18. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

My favorite part of being a Rowdy is probably the ridiculous amounts of confetti thrown in the stands -- although I've seen a couple times this year when fans around the section aren't too pleased with the shreds landing in their 9 dollar beer or 13 dollar nachos. :eek:

19. rju1986

rju1986 Member

More cowbells, vuvuzelas and noise makers.. Louder chants on defensive ends and quieter ones on offensive possessions please (let the players think and communicate); I guess cause blow-horns and whistles are frowned upon.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"Nobody LOVEs you" was cool and all, Ms. RocketGirl, but... didn't work too much last game. :(

I was at the game and I was laughing extremely loud at that one.

I agree with the poster who said "synchronize" something to make the shooter think the basket is moving.

You know what would also help the opponents miss? All yelling ONCE just before the player shoots. :eek: It would scare the **** out of the guy.