1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

HahaH

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah we gotta be realistic. How about we keep our rotation of:
    Bev / Canaan
    Harden / Terry
    Ariza / Kpap
    Jones /
    Dwight /
    And use our NOP pick, Capela, TPE and anyone else need be to get either Mozgov and Bass or Mozgov and Arthur.
    Is the NOP pick enough to get Mozgov if we can match salaries?
    Can we get Bass for the TPE and 2nd rounders?
    And who would you prefer, Arthur or Bass? Haven't watched either this season but keep in mind this is for a back up PF spot and we aren't giving up much

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Capela, nick Johnson, and Troy Daniels for Arthur works.
    TPE for Mozgov. (include any picks)

That trade allows us to keep dmo since jones is uncertain.
    I just don't think Denver would part with all that just for Capela which is why the NOP pick would need to be included. I know most would say its not worth it but this gives us a solid back up at every position except maybe Canaan but Terry can switch over.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Sorry for the multiple posts. Just realized that including the NOP pick for Mozgov would mean we traded Asik for a pick for Mozgov which wouldn't make too much sense although we also needed that to clear room for Ariza.
    But the way the Pelicans are playing I don't see us getting someone much better for that pick.

5. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

KD&Westbrook participating in non-contact practice, i believe OKC will make the playoffs at the end and push out one more team from top 8. i also have more faith in Cousin's health than Davis'. if i have to put my money on the table i'll bet the NO pick in the 11~13, and that has great value at the trade deadline.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its very possible that pick ends up in the 10-14 range .... but it seems to me that many over value that pick while others think its going to be a higher pick than that ....
    Phx , LAC , SAC & NO will battle it out for the 7-8 seed ... Two get in , two head to the lottery. At this point , I cant pick a favorite.

As for OKC , they are 5.5 games out of the 8 spot right now .... Durant and Westbrook aren't back YET , that # is likely to increase. Even healthy they will have a hard time reaching 45 wins which I don't think is enough to get the #8 seed. The west is just loaded with good teams ...

Currently the value of that NO pick is very much up in the air ..... It could fall anywhere between 10-24.
    The picks that have enough trade value for the type of players most want to target are #8 and above .... at least that's my opinion.

Remember a few years back Morey had three picks in that range and couldn't trade all three to move up ....

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

morey will never trade for bledsoe considering the contract that he got along with the knee that is about to break...

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Brandon Jennings into the Lin TPE for 2-3 2nds

Jennings for Terry, Canaan or Nick Johnson, 2nd

9. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Rockets: D-mo & Kevin McHale

For

Nuggets: Brian Shaw

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

:grin:

11. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

the pick is protected to be 4~19, it won't be ~24.
    again, most likely 11~13 and it has great value. remember the center piece in the Harden trade was the pick we acquired for Lowry that ended up being #12 pick.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I understand the protection , and in the case its outside of that 4-19 window , it wouldn't be transferred , and that is a real possibility with NO's performance thus far.

It seems to me that OKC really didn't understand what they had in Harden otherwise they would have extended him rather than make that trade , going over the cap to retain both Harden & Ibaka ..... In hindsight , I bet they wish they hadn't made that deal.

I have to wonder if Morey think's he can find another guy who makes the same kind of production jump that Harden did coming here or if he's looking for more of an established star ?!?

If its find another gem , a pick in that range might get the job done , if its an established star , its not enough.

In general , I agree with you , just think that many people greatly overestimate the value of this pick.

13. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Cannan+DMO+ NO Pick for Mozgov,Robinson

what say y'all?

Bev/Robinson
    Harden/Terry
    Ariza/Pap
    Jones/Black
    Howard/Mozgov

14. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

3 team trade:
    Hou. in:Millsap, John Jenkins, Jeremy Evans
    Utah in:Carroll, D Mo, T. Jones
    Atl in: Kanter(finally give Al a center), Terry, and Novak (attempt to get whiter) probably have to throw in NOP pick....

a starting line up Bev, Harden, Ariza, Millsap, Dwight
    and back ups of Canaan, Jenkins, K pap, Jeremy Evans, Capella

feeling out 11th and 12th man is Black and Johnson

after that trade take Dorsey, Troy Daniels, Garcia and 2nd rounders trade for an underated back up 4/5 for insurance purposes in case Evans and Capella doesnt workout (take a look at Boston, Philly, NY, or Brooklyn)....
    This gives us an oppurtunity to compete this year and get chemistry ready for offseason (only focus would be resignig Millsap)

15. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

What would you guys think of this trade?

D Mo, Capela, and Canaan going to Denver for Timofey Mozgov and Nate Robinson. I put it in the Trade machine and the salaries matched. I did have to use $2,000,000 from the trade exception though.

16. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

^^^I wouldnt mind that trade but would hate to give up Capella.....If Morey could work his magic and trade Dorsey, DMo, Canaan and 2nd rounders for Nate and Big Tim its a nobrainer

17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Chuck Hayes in for the TPE
    Landry Fields and lotto protected 1st round for Jason Terry and D-Mo

TOR:
    Salary dump of Hayes. Terry easily worth more than Fields, plus they can trade Terry at the trade deadline and they DMO to team up with his buddy Jonas V. All that will pretty much cost them a pick.

HOU: Get another asset in the 1st round pick, another asset to trade by the deadline and Chuck Hayes as a backup C.

Second trade:

KPap with fillers, NOLA pick and TOR pick for Milsap or Dragic (with agreement of an extension.)

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why are people obsessed with Mozgov ? I understand that we are thin at the big positions but most of the proposed trades involve giving up D mo who is our only healthy big right now. Furthermore Mozgov seems like a marginal upgrade at best. He is a slightly better finisher statistically, but his defense is not as good as D-mo's despite being a slight better rim protector.

IF and its a big IF , jones and dwight come back healthy then Dmo, Jones, and Dwight can lock down the big rotation with about 32 minutes a piece. I deally we need one more big to play spot minutes if one of those three gets into foul trouble or is having a crap game ( around 10-15 ) minutes. But as we have shown in the past and in this season, with our playstyle and current personel going small is probably a better option and James, Kostas, or Trevor can handle spot minutes at the 4.

Where we are weak besides bigs is at the guard rotations. Beverley's health has been shaky, and harden needs someone to give him a blow. I really like wroten but he is quite valuable to Philly at this moment. We would have to give them a sweet deal .

Would Cannan and a few second round picks be acceptable to Philly. I think it at least piques their interest.

A rotation of

Bev/Wroten
    Harden/Terry
    Ariza/Pap
    Jones/Dmo
    Dwight/Dmo

is 9 deep and offers a solid mix of shooting and slashing with some decent shot creators.

Only san antonio really runs 10 deep, and the lack of bigs can be countered by going small and spreading the floor. This has worked well in the past especially when Harden is on the floor. Dwight and Dmo are both defensively sound enough to handle being the sole big man provided the other players help on the boards. Dwight obviously makes a much bigger impact than D-mo.

I think there is an infatuation with shot blockers on this board that doesnt always reflect the quality of defense being played. Maybe Capela flourishes in the D leage and proves to be capable for 10 minutes a night later on in the season.

I think that to get a quality enough big so that we dont have to play small will rob us of too much of our guard depth and force us to play a style that really doesn't suit our best interest. Yes there are a few bigs out there like millsap that answer both questions but those players are unlikey to be gotten.

We should stick with our strengths and fortify them by getting another dynamic athlete like wroten who can play great D due to his length and is an adequate ball handler in spurts.

19. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Channing Frye -- will he fit into lin tpe?

20. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Nothing would bring me more joy then to see little Nate in a rockets jersey haha.

Nate has been one of my favorite players in the league, I don't understand why the bulls traded him after he had to carry that team when rose got hurt the first time