1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bandwagon, Jul 21, 2014.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

ooooo watch out we've got a badass on our hands.

Championship dick rider

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That Spurs troll has to be another CFers account.

3. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Did you forget that kobe tore his Achilles? You may be right, but he's just not the same player. And even if he was, it's the western conference. Dallas' ranking is hilarious.

4. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Wow, the Warriors, Mavs, raptors, and Wizards are ranked too high IMO. Nuggets, Lakers, Knicks are underrated. I think the knicks will be closer to their 50+ win year than last year's crapfest. Lakers won't be a bottom 5 team (assuming Kobe is healthy), and the nuggets with McGee, Hickson, and Gallo back healthy, along with adding Afflalo will be much better this year as well. Also, the hawks are criminally low on the list. They were the 3 seed in the east last year prior to Horford's injury and if he is also back and fully healthy, I fully expect them to be a top 4 seed in the east next year.

5. SuperManRocketz

its only one person opinion i dont know how rockets will be rated that high when we let go 3 of our best players..The bench we have right now will not be enough to make it to the playoffs..We need to have depth..If harden chocking and missing all his shots or get injured who is going to take his place.If dwight cant make his free throw cuz of hack a howard who mcfail put in to get all the rebounds when he is out..its going to be hard season for us..

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I know we let go of Parsons but when did we release Harden and Howard?

All I'm saying is--How many best players do we have?

7. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

I think this is a snapshot of teams today; any comments about rosters left unfilled or incomplete doesn't really matter.

I think the Mavs, Warriors, Cavs, Wizards, Pacers are rated higher than I think they should. In the case of the Mavs and Warriors, I don't think they added that much to warrant their places. The Cavs are going to have to overcome a lot of teething issues and I don't think there's a lot of maturity to put around LeBron to make them a real threat this year (next year? heck yeah). The Wiz and Pacers had more going out the door than coming in so I don't get how the Wiz move up from last year and how the Pacers even stay in the top 6 of the East (especially ahead of the Heat who are not that talent-deprived to be a 6 seed in the East).

8. Remii

Remii Member

Maybe he meant three of our best players not counting Harden and Howard... Lol.

Just the same _ the Rockets won 54 games last year and Parsons, Asik, and Lin had a hand in that. Harden and Howard didn't play all 82 games last season and they don't always have great games every time they step on the court... They do have their "human" moments.

At this point with the roster as is _ the bench is weaker than it already was and some believe they took a step back at the starting 3 spot. Can't blame an outsider from not seeing this team as a top 4-5 team. Especially if they're taking under consideration that McHale is the head coach.

9. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

Asik was basically useless last season with his "injury" or pouting, not sure which it really was, but he didn't really help us win many games...

10. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Yea...that would be half a season for example.

11. dude1394

dude1394 Member

What offensive load? He's replacing Marion's points. 10ppg. Even if you add Marion and jose together you get about 20ppg.

Hell certainly will not carry more of a load with the Mavs than he did the rockettes. He might be a lot more efficient however.

12. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Hmmm...last rockets win of the season. 10 points 15 rebounds.

Dalembert...last win,of the season.. 6 points, 4 Rebs. I'll take your guy.

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Asik wasn't even a rotation player except the first 1/3 of the season and Dwight's injury.

His loss isn't that big no matter how talented he is as a Center. Lin's is probably the biggest lost next to Parsons.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Don't forget Vince Carter's 12ppg

That salary cost them some good pieces.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You spelled "Rockets" wrong.

Where did you come from? 75 posts in 11 years and now three posts in a row. (If you use the quote button you can respond to multiple posts in one post of your own.)

Marion + Calderon = 21.8 ppg

16. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I beg to differ.
    Chandler, Dirk, Parsons, Ellis and Harris look like a solid starting line-up for me. They will get their veterans to compensate losing Marion and Carter.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's said publicly that he thinks he's a franchise player. At times he'll be their 1st option... And what makes you think he'll be more efficient? He's not gonna be feeding off of two superstars like he did in Houston. I could see his PPG going up while his efficiency drops.

18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

that lineup may have been good 5-7 years ago with a current day parsons, but those guys are all getting old and tired. they aren't the same as before.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Oh, ok, I get it now. You're 14 years old.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So, please don't quote him. Ugly clutter, and most of us have him on ignore. TIA.