1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston Rockets Salary Cap Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jul 21, 2014.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

"etc" being the important part there. You could easily fold picks and euro rights into the trade.

2. basketballholic

Beverley's trade value would be an interesting discussion in and of itself. I for one could see Bev being worth a #11-#20 pick to the right team. I could also see scenarios where Beverley could be merged with another asset like Tjones and some non-guaranteed contracts in a sign-and-trade for a guy like Greg Monroe. Detroit has a crappy point guard situation. Bev may be able to grow there into a bigger role.

Milwaukee and the Knicks are two other possible destinations for Beverley.

3. nono

nono Member

Salary cap space, the only thing Rockets are good at keeping hold of.

4. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Q/ bima again
    I'm confused by this line in larry coons FAQ, my understanding was we would be able to use both the MLE and bi annual this year but this line in no.25 has confused me

"Once a team has used this exception (referring to the MLE) , it can no longer use the Bi-Annual"
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

Second question only applies if I'm wrong and we can use both the MLE and bi annual this offseason, if not then ignore this question.

I understand teams can have the bi annual if they are under the lux tax or up to 4 million over the tax. Also I'm assuming this team is for example 1 million under the tax.
    - My question is if the team used the full MLE that would take us over 4 mill in lux tax would that jepordise the bi annual exception being available.

3rd and last Q. Can you sign a player using partial MLE and partial bi annual.

Edit: nvm, I read more of larry coons FAQ and found the answers myself. Quality bump anyways great recap article from you for anyone who hasn't read it yet

#84 Voice of Aus, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets:

Are Not

Trading

Patrick

Freaking

Beverley

Lol

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

McHale now has to sort out "fruitbasket turnover" and create another "team." This is tough for the best coaches, likely a real challenge for McHale. Now another year or two for them to jell hopefully before Howard bolts. The boundless optimism on this board is unwarranted. I looked at the updated roster just now and frankly it is depressing. The starting lineup may be set, but Ariza (help us) is the new addition that will require some adjustments. The bench could form it's own D league. A rabbit better come out of Morey's hat before Oct. 31, 2014.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think there is room for limited optimism, especially since we didn't mortgage our future.

Frankly though, I see a lot more pessimism than optimism. Much of that is unwarranted as well.

As far as Rabbits go, expecting anything better than say a Marion level player before the season begins is truly optimistic indeed.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Perhaps the N.O. "lottery" pick, Jones and the TPE would be enough to secure Dragic after they resign Bledsoe, if Phoenix wants to trade him. I'm skeptical they will want to trade Dragic even after resigning Bledsoe, given the lip service they are giving to running multiple PGs, and given he is their best player.