1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Utah Jazz interested in Francisco Garcia?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 19, 2014.

1. cebu

cebu Member

they think he's white.

1 person likes this.
  2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

get rodney hood - he's stuck down the depth chart for utah

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

he is not looking to win! He just want his money when he retires in 4 yrs.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Didn't mean BS that it doesn't happen.

I meant that its BS that its handshake agreement and a foregone conclusion they are coming back to the Rockets. The truth is Garcia opted out of his deal A. because he could (and knew the Rockets would bring him back at the min if needed) and B. because there was an opportunity to make more money if he put his name on the market.

Back last Summer when AB pretty much had the same situation, I guarantee you he would have taken more money had he been offered it and left the Rockets to look elsewhere for another 3rd string PG.

There was a "notion" out there that Brooks signed back with the Rockets because of a wink-wink deal, and I called BS to say that its because there weren't better offers on the table first and foremost. The Rockets probably incurred to him that they would be more than happy to bring him back at the min. but it was far from a foregone conclusion he was coming back because of their generous back door dealings.

If another team offers more, wink wink deals mean pretty much squat (Case in point... our very own Chandler Parsons).

5. JazzLakerHater

I don't know why, but Garcia just seems like a Utah type of player.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So, you've imagined this hypothetical scenario in which minimum-salary journeymen make gentleman's agreements with franchises in which they don't seem to actually receive any benefits, and then get mad at them when they don't honor these imaginary agreements?

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

? I think you completely misunderstood my point.

My point is they didn't necessarily make a "gentleman's agreement".... they simply did what is best for them.

They knew they had job security to come back, but potential to make more money elsewhere on the market. It was a win/win for everyone in both cases.

#27 dobro1229, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I like your thinking and also believed there are some kind of agreement between Garcia and Morey that at the end if nothing happened, he will be resigned with a minimum contract, but like you said, Morey would also like to keep him opened as some kind of "Bogan" option to be used in a deal.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think the Spurs don't just want guys who shoot, but guys who actually make as well.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

I think Utah will offer him a ridiculous one year contract, so they can reach the minimum cap.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

hahaha

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wait what?

It's Francisco Garcia dude.