1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Petition to the Chinese posts problem; If you agree please put your names here too

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forebay, Nov 10, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forebay

forebay Member

First of all, I am ethnically and nationality wise 100% Chinese, but man, I have been really tired of all those childish, empty, boring, jingoistic posts from some of my fellow Chinese citizens. I normally refrain from starting any new threads but for the future of this forum and for the peace of my own mind I decide to start this one anyway.

Here are some measures I think Clutch might consider to prevent this place from becoming a wasteland:

1. Ban. Enforce a more strict code when it comes to banning members. We do not need some of those annoying members here. Some of them are no better than cancer to the health of this form.

2. Create a Chinese-language only forum. Pick some mature and well respected Chinese speaking member (Panda is my choice) as the moderator. If some fans keep posting all those meaningless post in the main forum, move them here, and ban them from the main forum. From now on they could only post to this forum unless later they prove to have become a more mature member of this BBS.

3. Tighten the registration process. Once some members are banned from the forum, it is very likely that they will try to create new accounts. So to make it more difficult for a banned member to resurface, we can specify that one email account can only register for once, so whenever they want to register a new membership, they need to provide a different email address. If might also be possible to introduce some IP address check, so that one can not use same IP to register again and again. Of course technically there is no way to prevent a banned member from joining the forum again, but at least those measures make them more difficult to sneak back and eventually some of them will give up and move on.

These are all I could think right now. If you are also concerned about the quality of this BBS, please sign your support here. Chinese posters’ support is especially welcomed. I hope our efforts could at least somewhat help this place to steer towards a better future. I also wish that the support from fellow Chinese posters could (even if marginally) rescue our collective image.

Regards,

Forebay

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I demand a Slovenian only forum for Nachbar fans

3. yb001

yb001 Member

1. Agree.
    2. There are already enough Chinese sports and basketball BBS out there. Just ban those idiot who are trying to stir up controversy will do.
    3. Agree.

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

forebay you should start this pitition in about threads in chinese you will get alot of people who agree with you there, IMO

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I don't know if we should allow absolutely no Chinese spoken in here, there are some fans (the one that gave us those cool Yao pics) that are good natured but just bad in English. They just want to share and that's ok with me as long as some people translate it and they try to post mostly in english in the future. For idiots, ban is great.

6. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

7. WNBA

WNBA Member

Suppose all threads in Chinese are garbage.
    What if I think this thread,though in English, is another embarassing one too?
    I don't understand why Chinese are so damn willing to blame themselves' ass.:mad:

8. zball

zball Member

i did not see any negative impaction of posting Chinese thread here, as long as someone is willing to translate it into E.

9. lqwakefan

lqwakefan Member

I was just about to write that. thank you.

So some Chinese shoudl be banned because they're "annoying". You're really representing your race well.

10. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

I'm definitely in favor of your suggestions but not very sure about the 3rd one. Although I never tried getting more than 1 ID on a single BBS, Still I am not very comfortable with the idea of an IP address check, since some posters who've already had multiple IDs here might feel offended.

BTW, I am Chinese.

11. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Hey I haven't seen a better representative of the race out of you..and I think that is a pretty good way to represent the race, being fair and logical..and playing by the rules...

12. lqwakefan

lqwakefan Member

If I'm being illogical, I might end like some of you cursing out bad words. If I don't play by the rules, I may use Chinese now.

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

LQ, seriously, you are not representing your race well. It's one thing to have pride, it's another to shove it down some one's face.

In short, you're undoing all the good that Yao's done since he's got here.

14. lqwakefan

lqwakefan Member

I'm not shoving it down other's face, but I'm not going to shove garbage up my ass either.

If Yao's given an image of Chinese conforming and listening to Americans all the time, I'd rather undo it.

15. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

man... this is getting out of hand...

THREAD LOCK!

16. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

Sorry, forgot to mention one thing in my last post -- It would be definitely ok for me if one tries to post in Chinese with an English translation attached.

The reason why I don't like posts written in Chinese on an English-language-based BBS is very simple, just as that I hate to read any posts written in English on a Chinese BBS.

17. AlexVanderpool

Pretty soon you guys are gonna ask that anyone that doesnt agree with you get banned. Let Clutch worry about all that.

As far as a chinese forum, that would be a great idea...

18. lovethisgametoo

Is this the image you see from Yao Ming??!!! Sad.

19. drapg

drapg Member

How about a Hindu forum? ;)

20. drapg

drapg Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.