1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Royce White practice footage + media session after 1st Rockets practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Saw some of scrimmage... he showed flashes. Definitely didn't have problems bringing the ball up, even under pressure. Runs like a bull. Also hit a 17-footer, which surprised me.

Little bit of scrimmage footage with him in.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i9v4oM3F6NI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here he is speaking after practice (kicking myself I didn't get my question in).
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mAuvM8z36s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm telling you guys that this past weeks events will be a thing of the past once the season starts.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Agreed. I love Royce really rooting for him. I haven't jumped off the White bandwagon at all. Clutch, what was your question & how was scrimmage.

4. RockSC

RockSC Member

Royce seems to be confident. I like that. I think he'll be a great fit for the Rockets. Hope he'll overcome that flight anxiety soon.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Way too optimistic.

I would not trust a guy that put his team under his bus on the first day of his first job.

1 person likes this.
  6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Hope we'll get to see some practice footage of Royce.

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Damn he looks skinny!

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

His face definitely looks thinner. Looks to be in good shape.

Clutch, was there a noticeable difference in his body shape?

9. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah for real...

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I thought he looked thinner in that pic. Maybe he's getting ready for the back-up three spot?

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I agree, and I'm concerned that even in this interview he slips in how he has "other interests" and all this other stuff. We know all players have other interests, just like everyone has other interests outside of work, I just feel like in the case of Royce he might not be the "lay it all on the floor no matter the circumstances" type because of it.

That said I really hope he succeeds and plays well and prove us all wrong because I just want Rockets to win another championship already.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

People looks smaller from farther away.

Anyhow, Royce probably looked a little thinner in the video cause of those crazy compression hose or whatever it was he was wearing under his shorts.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Tnx for that footage, jumper looks smooth and his passing and rebounding is something we could really need. I hope he turns into a Charles Barkley, with the thrash talking and all :)

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

passing, rebounding, scoring ... he does have skills. hope he pans out.

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

He looks like Tim Duncan with that shaved head.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't really see the Sir Charles comparisons other than his body style. Royce doesn't have that athleticism or the shooting. Boris Diaw looks to be a more fair comparison.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IDK,but if you could go back and watch the video of the Rockets visiting the policemen, Royce's face looked chubbier then. I believe that was like a month ago.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm surprised the wolves weren't all over him. We all know how RA likes passing big men.

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

When is our first preseason game? I see that other teams have already started.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He probably was a little out of shape and that combined with him shaving his beard makes his face look thinner.