1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(BSPN) 2010-11 Western Conference standings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rmoreno, Aug 10, 2010.

1. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

8 Houston Rockets 45 37 .549 42 40 .512

How is Yao? That's the first question for Houston, which has built a strong supporting cast without knowing whether its 7-foot-6 superstar can return from foot surgery to carry the team. But if the big fella can go, the Rockets have the pieces in place, with the experienced Rick Adelman and savvy Daryl Morey for guidance.

they have us as the 8 seed, I would have us as the 8 seed without Yao. With (HEALTHY) Yao we'll be top 5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=SummerForecast10-WestStandings

2. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

If already posted it, lock it up.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

EDIT: I'll post this in the original thread.

4. thesaint

thesaint Member

As per the reports Yao Mind is coming back and he will play so from that pov Rockets is better than all the teams except Lakers. I put them at no. 2. Combo of Yao, Scola, Ariza, Martin n Brooks is deadly! Rockets prolly has the one of the best bench in Miller, Patterson, Battier, Budinger n Lowry! This team reminds me of the championship Pistons team, lot of chemistry and unselfish players. Now this all depends if Yao comes back healthy and stays healthy.

5. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Pretty fair, although 45 wins is the lower bound of what I think the range is. This team was not that good last year. Yao Ming hobbling onto the court for a few games while he waits for another season-ending injury isn't going to make us much better.

6. joesr

joesr Member

reports say he is playing again, yeah but nothing can say how many games due to health.

7. thesaint

thesaint Member

Yes thats why i said if Yao can stay healthy all season. I think positive so im expecting Yao to come out in great shape and stay healthy.

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I always wondered why y'all put BSPN isn't it ESPN...i have a hunch it has to do with a not so nice word, if that's the case..
    then COOL!
    What word is it?

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Sad, but true. I'm not very confident in Yao coming into the season.

10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

12. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

dont be too surprised. we always fail expectations every year. This year is no different.

How many times have Yao been injured? If you were a fan on a different team, you would look at the Rockets as a a 45 win team also.

Dont worry about it though. I rather have us lay low and surprise the NBA.

13. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

45 wins is too high thats ridiculous, we won 42 without yao. :rolleyes: But thats cool i like it when people bring us down it makes it that much better when we prove them wrong. :p

14. k-money

k-money Member

BSPN wtf lol