1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White Interview on Grantland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VBG, Jan 30, 2013.

1. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

What's funny is that it would appear that money is the motivating factor for his return to the Rockets. His written agreement is not a "Protocol," it isnt binding, and is essentially worthless.

White caved. He is doing this media blitz to hide that fact and save face. This is all about money, plain and simple. He's done a disservice to those with diagnosed mental illness, and has flat sold them out. His supporters are as delusional as he is to not see through this.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think it is interesting that White tweeted this after the article came online:

3. lord_ashley

lord_ashley Member

I've refrained from posting about Royce (to be fair, I haven't posted much at all), but I feel the need to chime in. Royce talks as though he speaks for all the mentally ill. As someone dealing with mental illness my whole life, and having just been diagnosed with four mental illnesses, I think I can add to what he says.

For starters, a lot is true. For instance, my biggest issue is ADHD. Many times, it doesn't make it hard for me to focus. The thought of focusing, though, literally makes me sick to my stomach. In that way, my preparing for a big document at work (I'm a technical writer) is like him preparing for a plane flight. It's hard to explain to those who don't deal with these things (which is most people, contrary to his strange rambling).

That being said, we're still adults. I got in hot water because I surfed the internet (including here, d'oh) instead of working, and that's on me. It served as a wake up call, and now I've gotten help. I'm responsible for me, not everyone else.

The ADA thing is horse-hockey. That requires a company make reasonable accomodations. I can ask for a less busy cubicle, but I can't demand the corner office! Neither can Royce White pretend like he should have extra accomodations beyond what is reasonable. If he's truly getting help, he would get these things under control, not be told he should have a silver spoon in his mouth.

The other disturbing part is his manipulation. Clearly, he's manipulated a lot of people around him. My brother and I were both geniuses (he's dead now, OD), and we had/have that ability. The genius can kill you, though. Just like my brother, he's convinced people his BS is true, including himself! He's rationalized his childish behavior. If he needs to think the majority of the country is ill to feel better about his poor actions, he'll do it. If he needs an enemy, like the Rox organization, he'll find a way to demonize them.

I'm rooting for Royce, but he needs therapy from someone truly looking our for his best interest. His diseases ain't under control right now. I hope he finds success, and he can do great things if he embraces the good about his noggin. For now, though, he's acting a fool. And I can say that...I'm just as psycho as he is!

5 people like this.
  4. Genuine

Genuine Member

appreciate the insight lord_ashley

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Narcissistic personality disorder?

6. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Great read. Royce is just a cocky young guy who thinks he's smarter than he is.