1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Rockets Fan Opinion that is

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Completely not thread worthy. However I would like feedback.

Sign Ariza(9-10mil/yr) and split the rest on Jameer Nelson and Camby

Trade Canaan for a scrub big body who can somewhat defend PF and Back-up injury plagued frontline.. I envision a player similiar to Cole Aldrich-like

Match offersheets for Daniels

Bev/Nelson/Johnson
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Ariza/Covington
    Jones/DMO/Big-Man through Canaan trade
    Howard/Camby/Big-Man through Canaan trade

Now this isn't championship worthy but it allows us space to keep improving the team. Ariza and Young guys who will get time to show skills will be tradeable.. We will have cap space next season to sign some decent crop FA's

IF we match Parsons.. we are locked with no way to improve our team for years.. We KNOW that team isn't championship worthy

heck if we get Ariza and Parsons.. with no way to improve we KNOW that team also isn't championship worthy

With the above we can keep mixing/matching/play with roster to keep improving

IF they sign Parsons.. even if they get Ariza they are stuck for YEARS with no Championship hopes in sight or ways to improve

That would make me a VERY happy Rockets fan going forward

2. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Camby? Camby is OLLLLLLLLLLLDDD. He will most likely never play in another NBA game and he sure as hell won't be able to play back-up to Dwight for 15 minutes a night.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

What is fascination with Jameer Nelson?? This guy had ONE glorious season with Dwight in 2009 and has been below average since then.

4. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

who would trade a PF for a PG.

5. Houston79Astro

I am in no way a cap expert, but I thought we could spend all our cap. After we do that we can still match parson, making us go over the cap. Parson would become basically free (cap wise).

6. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

your fantasy lineup is depressing...

8. Realjad

Yes.. but if you sign Parsons you have zero cap space going forward for any future FA's.. your locked into that team you have for years with really no way to improve. Sorry that team isn't championship caliber and it'd suck to be stuck with it

9. Realjad

Depressing until you have a break-out player from the vipers and trade Ariza/Peli first/Breakout player/cap filler for a legitimate Max or if no-one bites you clear capspace by trading Ariza for a very good draft pick which also clears enough cap to sign a Max next FAgency- possibly a Love

Dream scenario?

By next year you have Love, a Lottery pick from Pelis and a High 1st from the Ariza trade

Now a free agency like that is a dream scenario and while unlikely isnt completely impossible. You can come up with all kinds of great scenarios without being tied by Parsons contract

#9 Realjad, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  10. dram1

dram1 Member

I appreciate your optimism...anything good (even virtually impossible ones) make me feel a bit better.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Would prefer Brooks to Nelson honestly. And come on, Camby? Was Mutombo not available?

Parsons' contract only limits future options as it relates to the luxury tax. Anyone we sign to a multiyear deal with the cap space will have us operating over the cap for the next 3 years, including Ariza. So I really don't see the advantage to pursuing him.

However, I'm grumpy and don't have a better plan, so carry on.

12. dram1

dram1 Member

Also...I thought that if we matched Parsons offer not all of the 15million would count against the cap? I thought that only a very small portion would cont vs the cap thus making matching the offer almost a no-brainer.

13. dznutz

dznutz Member

it's salvageable. just get rondo

14. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

You lost my curiosity with the Camby talk, then you lost my attention by declaring we KNOW isn't title contenders with Parsons in the lineup.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

stopped reading when I saw Camby

16. scottie brooks

Haha he said Camby. I'd rather ask Mutumbo to come out of retirement.

17. Realjad

My plan is all coming together, even better since we got Ariza for 8