1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat Vs Knicks!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Liberon, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Anybody tuned in? Omg, I had no Idea Carmelo would fit in so easily and Billups is the floor general and a keeper. This was the best most competitive game of 2011 so far. Knicks can be a contender easily.. Just need a few more shooters and a defensive big.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Remember, this team also lost to the Cavs a couple days ago...

3. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol @ asking is anybody tuned in

5. smw6230

smw6230 Member

So? Were you somehow expecting NY to trade away 3/5 of their starting lineup and their 6th man off the bench and function with a one game transition period?

The Heat needed 17 games in order to gel and that was after a full camp.

Besides I doubt that NY took the Cavs seriously. They took Miami seriously and the results tonight showed.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Billups is an underrated part of that trade.

For all the love that Melo and Amare' get, Billups is just as valuable. He made SEVERAL key plays down the stretch that made the difference.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Absolutely, the guys is just so steady and efficient even in his old age. I'm pretty sure Morey has a poster of a topless Chauncey on the ceiling above his bed.

1 person likes this.
  8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

They lost to the Cavs, even before the trade. Of the Cavs 11 wins out of 59 games, 2 of the wins came against the Knicks.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You guys think our current Rockets can compete against this Knicks team? Would C. Lee do a good enough job defending Melo? How would Lowry fair against Billups are do you think Dragic would be a better defender?

10. Franchize

Franchize Member

LOL we suck

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

That was a tight game.. mr. Big shots didn't disappoint. LeBron is soo NOT clutch. Well, he's clutch down the stretch when he attacks the basket, but is a horrible clutch passer and shooter.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

and they just beat the Heat

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

with their win after the All Star Break and against the Heat tonight, the Knicks surpassed last year's win total...

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Disturbing.

16. noize

noize Contributing Member

Good win for the Knicks and I hope they can get better and bring back the glory days. Mr Big shot has always been consistent. Its too bad he has been under the radar b/c of all of this star pairing with another star getting all of the attention.

I feel kinda bad for Lebron. Besides his free throw, he rarely ever makes a clutch shot to win it and when he passes to his teammates, they miss. Its been the story with Lebron all of his career. His free throw shooting is much better in the clutch though, but its just not enough.

17. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

If only he could make clutch FT, the other day, didn't Refs award him 2 FT on a touch foul against Pierce and he bricked one of them and lost that game?

18. Steve_Francis_rules

He made some big plays last night, but I still maintain that Billups is in no way deserving of the nickname "Mr. Big Shot." He just flat out does not have any substantial history of stepping up in big moments. He played well in one NBA Finals series. That's about it.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

For some reason every time I hear Chauncy's name, I think of that one game a few years ago where he was on a fast break, pump faked and actually got a good 3-4 inches off the ground, while the defender jumps wildly out of the way. After he landed on what should have been a travel, he calmly sunk the game winning shot.

I think he was still with Detroit. He got away with so many things in that game. Can't hate on the dude though...

20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Didn't we beat the Nuggets? Didn't Billups and Anthony play for the Nuggets just a couple weeks ago?

Heat made it easy for the Knicks to defend down the stretch with the isolations. They were running beautiful curls for Wade and Lebron earlier in the 4th that couldn't be stopped. Great game though...very entertaining.