1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to tank?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Chef_Monteur, Oct 7, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

"Texans sponsored by the new Movie Fury."

2. awc713

awc713 Member

i feel so bad for AJ

3. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Rick Smith and bob McNair will do their best to be sure this doesn't happen....

4. Breaker

Breaker Member

What's the point of keeping him when you knew going into the season that we were gonna suck? I mean did bill dummy obrien really think he would get anywhere with ****zpatrick as his starting qb?

Absolutely POT move by a selfish person to deny a man a chance to win on a different team, when you have the inability to form a competent team.

Really shows OB true character. Wish those reporters would call him out on that matter

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

AJ's last year on the team!

Say your goodbyes now.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes, perfect - that's exactly what a first year coach should do. I mean, there is absolutely no benefit in him learning how to coach/win in this league. Heck, coaching isn't even that important - draft studs and turn 'em loose. Problem: solved. Brilliant.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes, expecting him to honor a $10+MM contract is the very epitome of trash...

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Everyone is down on the team as they should be but you can't gift a team 14 points and get away with it.

3-1 against the Titans and Jags at worst. I say 4-0 will happen.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh and about AJ. He has 2 costly fumbles.

He should have been there since well before camp.

You guys meant poor fans because we're the ones that suffer while not getting paid bank.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

AJ is the reason we lost the colts game....

You should really try decaf...

11. Fantasma Negro

If we tank, who would we be angling for in the draft, this team has shown it can't handle the number 1 pick and depending on how the Winston situation plays out there might not be a franchise qb in this draft. Corner? Safety? Linebacker?

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

And clean house! I am ready to see some bench players, rookies, walk ons, flag football players (like Fitzzle), anybody that has desire, determination, and the will to win. Shake and Bake, fruit basket turnover, apple turnover, anything, everything, something, just not the same, mindless, gutless, stupid, incompetent, disorganized, unskilled brand of football perpetuated on the poor city of Houston for decades (with a few exceptions named, Bum, Earl, and Warren). God Bless America! Amen!

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Time to tank? You mean, we aren't already?

14. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

I must correct you. Not just the number 1 pick, but also the number 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Well…tanking update:

Texans are 4-4. With 8 Games to go, looking at the upcoming schedule:

Eagles (5-2)
    at Browns (4-3)
    Bengals (4-2-1)
    Titans (2-6)
    at Jaguars (1-7)
    at Colts (5-3)
    Ravens (5-3)
    Jaguars (1-7)

I'm going to gift the Texans the home Titans game and the two Jaguars games. Giving them at least 7 wins. I'm also pretty confident we can take the Browns. So I'd say, all things being equal, at worst we finish 8-8.

The other games: Eagles, Bengals, Colts, and Ravens are certainly winnable with the exception of Colts @ Indy since we've NEVER won there and I'm not going to play the odds on that one (although I think Indy is beatable).

Exit Question: Can the Texans take two games from Eagles/Bangles/Colts/Ravens? If so, going 10-6 isn't that improbable and a Wild Card berth.

Regardless, an 8-8 record isn't a tank job. Its guaranteed mediocrity without the benefit of a high pick. Like a tank with no firepower. Just clunking along.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Can they take 2 of those games? Yes, will they? Hard to tell. They've already thrown 3 very winnable games away thus far so there's no way to tell. If they're going to win 2 of them, I'd put my money on the Browns and the Eagles being the teams they take down.

17. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

you think the Browns and Eagles or did you mean the Bengals…we've had their number and its a home game, I agree that those two (out of Eagles/Bengals/Colts/Ravens) would be the games we could win.

I think we take the titans/jaguars (2) and Browns… so 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6 (at best) is where we will fall, IMO.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I meant the Eagles, but I could see the Bengals as well if they keep having the injury problems they've had lately. To be fair, the Bengals, Ravens, Eagles, and Browns are all winnable games on paper.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

so is @Indy.

lots of parity in the AFC. it's a killer to give up all 3 winnable games (indy, dallas, pitt).

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the Texans don't have any world beating teams left on their schedule but I can't expect a win in Indy even though they've been beatable.