1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Behind the Scenes [NBA.com video]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Jul 25, 2012.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/07/25/LinFirstDaymov-2166257

Some footage of Lin doing media stuff. It was either posting this or another "guess the roster on January 17th" , "can our guys potentially beat the dream team?" , "Kevin Willis is the veteran presence we need, sign him to max?" thread.

Oh, and there's a few new videos on the site regarding Asik's specific defensive abilities. I personally think Asik is a good signing and will surprise (and safer of a signing than Lin from pure basketball standpoint.. though Lin is a cash cow). [edit: someone posted the Asik vids up in another thread]

#1 crossover, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Thanks for posting, this guy is a keeper.

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Cool vid, sick groove.

4. JimmyJackson

JimmyJackson Member

thx for posting. pretty cool access

5. tofu--

tofu-- Member

What the heck are they eating?

6. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Interesting comment about the "locker room guy"

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

-interesting Nelson Luis had to prep Lin. Probably standard procedures. But Lin has been through enough of these in NY to handle this one. He is used to being mobbed by media. I can see how some players (rookies like Jeremy Lamb) would need some preparations to feel comfortable enough to meet the media.

-LOL at Gerson looking creepily at Lin as he changes in then locker room.

8. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

lol good vid, this time last year he was lucky to get a rockets towel ,know there giving him the keys to TC. Good for him wish him well

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I said the same thing when I heard that.

10. roxxy

roxxy Member

What is so interesting about the comment? I didn't really understand what Lin was getting at?

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Its pretty vague since we don't have the full context of the conversation, but it could imply that NY had a bad locker room, which isn't too hard to believe.

12. luden

luden Member

I hope Parsons knows that Lin and the Rockets won't get a lot of media attention if they're losing.

Lin can only get you so much media attention, to sustain it, you have to win.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

True. But I think everyone is aware that the team is young. They won't expect much from them in terms of wins. I think if Lin is playing well and the team is playing well (but still losing because of lack of experience) there will still be media attention.

14. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

It's telling because even he said he didn't believe in it prior to New York, but now he understood. I can only assume the Knicks had some unhealthy apples in that locker room. I wonder how the issue came about though.

15. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

By the way, this was an outstanding look behind the scenes. Really cool.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

He said he didn't believe in it until recently (he didn't explicitly say NY) but obviously it was the Knicks cause that was the most recent team he played for. It kind of does imply that there was locker room issues in NY. But at the same time it could also just be something knew he experienced in the NBA. Doesn't necessary mean that there had to be a bad locker room situation for him to see the importance of locker room guys. Who knows really. There isn't enough context to really understand what he meant.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Just wait till Lin gets a triple-double, I don't mean 10pt, 10assists and 10 turnovers.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Perhaps he was not talking negatively, but is rather referring to a teammate or two who were good locker room guys (like Jared Jeffries and Tyson Chandler).

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yup. Could just be that. Who knows though.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's what it seems like he was referencing.