1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you rather have Harden, or the 04-05 McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PigMiller, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Harden or 04-05 McGrady?

1. James Harden

174 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. 2004-05 Tracy McGrady

78 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

ha, whoops i was in a few threads at once and thought I went back to game thread. oh well.

I don't know who I'd pick, but I think its too early... neither player has had any playoff success really (Harden got to the Finals as a backup), so I don't know how you would decide. Tmac was the superior player I think overall, but his body seemed more fragile in the long run. Mentally...well, Harden hasn't proven himself in postseason situations, so we'll wait and see. I believe he can be and will be, but potential and hypotheticals don't mean squat.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I voted Harden. One of my main memories of TMac was just being so frustrated that he would not take it to the basket and get to the line. It seemed like he would just take the easy way out with jumper after jumper. I really appreciate Harden's putting his body on the line and taking it to the basket.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If you had to think, you never saw 02-03 McGrady. He had arguably one of the top 5 greatest regular seasons of all time that year.

People have to understand that year, McGrady had to defer to Yao initially for the first 20 games or so (his numbers were really skewed).

From late December to end of season, McGrady averaged like 28 points, 7 boards, 7 assists. In the playoffs, 31, 7, 7.

04-05 McGrady was a beast.

I might consider taking this Harden if he shot in the 45% range more consistently.

#63 t_mac1, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  4. CrashTheBoards

Beverley
    Mcgrady
    Ariza or parsons
    Jones/d-mo
    Dwight

You cant deny harden has way better teammates and a much better bench. Tmac had yao half the time and battier was plan b. No one could score except mcgrady and yao in the playoffs every time we lost (except bobby jackson and bobby sura those one years).

A healthy tmac is better than harden. But that was rarely the case.

5. CrashTheBoards

Thats another thing, while the rest of his team choked in the playoffs tracys playoff numbers would increase significantly.

6. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Well, one sucked. The other doesn't.

One was a b****. The other isn't.

One lost a game 7 by 40 points... And so on.

1 person likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

REPPED

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Easy : both of them. This team would be lethal if we had prime Tmac and Beard right now.