1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Jordan Hill?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Opinions on the future of this guy? Is he done here?

Seems like the status quo's that Thabeet bumped him from the "knucklehead big man we're gonna give minutes to hoping he'll develop" position.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson has shown he has more upside, IMO.

He can shoot, defend and isn't such a soft rebounder.

3. redao

redao Member

He is still better than Hasheem.

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

3rd string center option

Don't worry about Thabeet, that dude isn't going to see anything until the next blowout.

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Oh ... so the next game, got it!

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not saying much:p

Yes, Hill is the forgotten man now imo. Not a good or bad thing --just is what it is. Sorta like Hill, he is what he is ;)

Scola>Patterson>Hill
    Hayes>Miller>Hill>Thabeet

And to think there was once a "Free Hill!" "campaign". Ha

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Jordan Hill will be moved on 2011 Draft night. Book it!:grin:

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I believe he will get his act together, and shut up his many CF detractors. How soon? Somewhere between one and eight months.

I think he will be ahead of Thabeet for most of that time.

This might be my number one reason to follow the Rockets the rest of this season.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I like Jordan, but he's just so frustrating. Every once in a while he'll go out there and look like he grew a set and decided to play like a man... which will get everyone talking about how good he can be, then the next two games he'll go out there and play completely soft. Tonight, I thought he did a pretty good job against Brook Lopez, but honestly, Lopez isn't exactly Mr. Physical either.

With all of that being said... I'll still take him over Brad Miller. I mean, watching that guy tonight made me want to croak.

10. feihung316

feihung316 Member

What? How about stop playing miller and play hill more for starters? I seriously don't see miller as an impact player, and Jordan can be.

1 person likes this.
  11. choujie

choujie Member

I'd rather see Hill play PF. He has no clue how to play center.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

True that. The guy is flat-out not a center. I'm not sure he'll ever become a starting-quality forward, either, but I'm ready to close the book forever on the "Jordan Hill, NBA Center" experiment.

Of course, I don't know where his minutes are forward are going to come from. He's certainly not taking one single second away from Patterson.

13. thejav

thejav Member

hes the new brian cook..

14. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

I would rather see Patterson as Center and Hill as PF.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It would be interesting to see him and Thabeet on the floor together during garbage time. Thabeet at center and Hill at PF could turn out to be a good experiment down the road. I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He'll figure it out.

16. liljojo

liljojo Member

Brian Cook was a much better shirt-waver and 3-pt misser than Hill could ever dream to be.

17. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

LMAOOOOOO!!

18. FullMetal Sage

Still with the Hill hate people? I want to play PF unless he gets about 10 pounds of muscle in the off-season. He WILL be a good player, but since this is CFs they want quick results and too be perfect.

19. opticon

opticon Member

This is just a theory at this point but if Pat shows that he as the ability to start in these last 20 games or so I think Scola gets moved with picks we have acquired for a impact player or a extremely high draft pick.

This is not knock on Scola at all but it is very clear how Morey operates now.

Morey tracks trends and the new trend is to package multiple draft picks with solid players on good contracts.

Look at williams trade and the deal denver would have taken for melo from the nets as a example of that.

All of that to say I think Hill is being developed to be a backup power forward\third string emergency center.

All I ask is that if Morey moves Scola it is out of the confrence or at least out of the division.

It would hurt my heart to have to see him 4 times a year on another team.

20. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Yes, notice that the coaching staff hasn't given up on Hill as C? They think he has it in him to play that position - with some ability now, and more in the future.

He'll improve over time, and his absence would not make us a 50-win team.