1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second Seed A Possiblity for the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Mar 18, 2015.

1. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

HOU Remaining Schedule:

vs DEN
    vs PHX
    @ IND
    @ NOP*
    vs MIN
    @ WAS
    @ TOR
    vs SAC
    @ DAL (easiest game of the schedule Parsons is offended)
    @ OKC (Pat Bev will contain Westbrook)
    @ SAS*
    vs SAS*
    vs NOP*
    @ CHA (first time facing Troy Daniels since he got traded)
    vs UTA*

* = Tough Games

This seems to be an easier schedule compared to Portland and Memphis. Dallas will fall to 7th seed and we will be secure from facing Clips in round 1. This could maybe possibly hopefully be a good position for easy match ups leading to the finals.

What do you guys think?

2. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

For sure a possibility. I'm telling you we have a chance!

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

So a home game vs UTAH is tougher than an away game @ OKC?

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Bev will not contain WB.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

It always has been a possibility, but you're underestimating a lot of the teams coming up on the schedule. With what they're facing, if the Rockets are still able to grab the two seed then they'll likely be the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thanks for the jinx.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gonna be tough, but sure, it's possible. I still think we finish in the 3rd seed given our schedule versus Portland's.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

eh, they keep going on mini slumps that last 3-5 games. and harden is having his worst shooting month. not enough consistent help, barely beating lottery teams. on paper we can get the 2nd seed, but this team is gonna have to step up big

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

While I think that it will be difficult to take the second place, it is not like the other teams are playing that great. We might be barely beating the lotery team,s but that is better than what Memphis and Spurs did last night.

We have to step up, but I think it is amazing that we are in such a good position. If someone would have told you at the beginning of the year that we would Miss howard for most of the season and we would be fighting for the second seed you would call them crazy. I was optimistic about our team, and Even ithought this would not happen.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I like your optimism, but we're also a few cold nights from losing home court advantage.

Live by the three....die by three, is more applicable to this team than any other in league history, making us hard to predict.

I was super excited about the playoffs in 2011-2012, then the Rockets lost 7 out of 9 and you know the rest.

Not to sound cliché but, let's just take it one game at a time.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

oh yeah the 3pt% is back to 34%, good for #18. thats not a good sign

12. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Do we overtake the Grizzlies and or Portland regardless of the latter being #1 in the division?

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Yeah the division leaders are guaranteed to be top 4 seed. All depends on the record. And if we overtake the Griz we'd be division leader.

14. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Rockets (.500) have the second-easiest remaining scheduled -- based on opponent winning percentage -- of the Western Conference playoff teams/contenders, behind only the Clippers (.451).

Portland doesn't have a terribly tough road in terms of opponent winning percentage (.508) but 10 of its final 17 games are on the road, including four of the last five. Meanwhile, Memphis's OWP is the fourth-highest in the Western Conference (.566).

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I would say At Indiana is a tough game.

16. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

Fixed.

17. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Those all look pretty tough (for their own reasons)

I Really hate those spurs games. I don't want to play them twice, with the potential of playing them first round as well. That's too much info for POP on how to play us effectively.

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Here's all teams remaining schedule by record.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nba/westernsosrg.html This sight updates daily if you want to follow it.

As of today, the Griz have the 4th most difficult schedule, the Blazers 10th, and the Rockets 12th.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Klay Thompson is out 7 to 10 days. Hell we might be able to take the first seed. Look at Golden State's schedule for the next two weeks...

Rockets vs pelicans. 1st round.

You heard it here first. Thunder will be 9th seed. Ibaka out 6 weeks? Come on man.

20. Zbed

Zbed Member

We could easily win our next 5 games putting us in good position to take the 2nd seed but I think the 1 seed is out of reach.