1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will you reassess your Rockets vs Clippers first round results now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sephkane, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I missed the game, but the Rocks won in L.A. 2-2 is the season series now. Can the Rockets beat the Clippers in the 1st round? Or are we still believing the Clips have our number in the playoffs?

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I did after the first game. They are defending the alleyoop better, TJ's improved strength has made him better at defending Griffin, Ariza seems to be on Redick more or at least Harden is guarding him less, and then there is Choke Paul. They are figuring it out now.

3. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Just stay away from Portland even with Howard they out rebound us.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I would agree to that. Portland just seems like more consistent. Both Portland and the Clippers are very good teams, but the former is more scary due to their consistency. They ain't choking too many games, so you better take to them.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In order of who I'd like to face...

1. DAL
    2. LAC
    3. SAS
    4. POR

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i still think the rockets have a better chance against the grizzlies then the clippers.

7. NateNate

NateNate Member

I admit to underestimating Portland, and I dont particularly want to see them, but then again I do so we can hand it to them! Problem is Portland doesn't fear us and they play confident and sound. LMA is a killer against us smh

With LAC it's more of 2 players that scare me. Reddick and Crawford, they always kill us! Also, the fact that historically harden hasn't played well at all against them cauing us to lose and I think that's the primary reason clutchfans fear them. With harde playing well the past two games, it's clear that we can play with them. Crazy what a superstar can do for you when he's on .

Quick question, is Chris Paul slipping a little? Hasn't been that killer he usually is lately.

1 person likes this.
  8. nabil474

nabil474 Member

I still don't want to play the Clips!!

I was thrilled that we beat the clips in LA..without D12..people are excited and wanting to play the clips in the playoffs now..but were all forgetting that they were missing the Rockets killer..in Jamal Crawford...There isn't a game where he doesn't tear us up.. I am hoping for Dallas or Portland..then to play the clips...it's just a bad matchup for us.

9. JazzLakerHater

Portland is definitely the more poised and composed team, but I still prefer them over the Clippers. I think the Matthews injury is an absolute game changer, because he really played Harden very well last year. Let's not froget in our last two Clippers win, Blake didn't play and Crawford ( a notorious Rocket killer) didn't play.

10. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Albeit rusty, Blake played 41 minutes last night.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Spurs or Dallas are still our best matchups.
    This game was an anomaly. Harden usually plays horrible against the Clips. He played well tonight.

Chris Paul usually destroys us with those mid range jumpers. Couldn't hit any to save his life. And after those mid range jumpers kill us, then we overplay CP3 and lob city takes force and we get destroyed by the pick and roll game.

Not to mention for some reason Jamal Crawford and JJ Reddick are not able to miss during our matchups.

I still don't want to face the Clips in the seven game series.
    We really need to gain some ground and get the 3rd spot (or better yet steal the 2nd from Memphis, we're not that far behind and secure a 1st round Spurs/Dallas, and 2nd round Memphis route to the WCF and pray that OKC upsets the Warriors).

12. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Crawford was out tonight and he is the one who always kills us...much Terry did with Dallas.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's weird. I'm more on edge playing Lamarcus Aldridge than I am with dudes like Lebron, Durant, etc. He has successfully terrified me after that playoff series.

14. NateNate

NateNate Member

Haha right? Here's why I believe he's scary; he's doesn't have to "create" his shot, unlike guards and ball handlers. He has about 3 moves that he does extremely well and he rarely goes outside of that or tries to do too much of something he can't do. He's either backing you in for the turn around, facing you up for the jumper, or involved in a pick and roll where he pops and shoots a set shot. His shot is almost automatic man.

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We said the same about Portland last year in the playoffs and look what happened. I'd rather play Memphis or Dallas IMO

16. JazzLakerHater

I meant to say he didn't play in the game a couple of weeks ago.

17. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

this. crawford is monumentally important to how successful their team is. Also, chris paul was clearly off in his game today. If the rockets new strategy vs the clippers is to go under screens and wall off the paint, chris paul, jamal crawford, redick et al could certainly hit enough jumpshots to beat us in a series, or force us to change strategies, which leads to the clippers assaulting the rim vs us, which is the norm for them. Also, the other game where we beat them, they were without blake, and Im not convinced that dwight completely neutralizes the impact griffin has.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont have to, there one of th e teams iw ant in the playoffs. if we cant get dallas at the 3v6 matchup then i want the 4v5 and thats likely the clippers

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Truth be told guys, any of 8 teams in the western conference will have a chance to beat the other. Specifically, I am quietly rooting for OKC to make it to the 8th spot so we could have a monumental upset of OKC over the season darlings, the Warriors.

Curry is really good, but have him chase the dynamo that is Westbrook for a whole game and let's see if can sustain his excellent play. I am a Westbrook fan, and that dude is a one-man wrecking machine if I ever saw one.