1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fun times in Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Mar 11, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...oudemire-calls-dallas-mavericks-came-here-win

WTF :eek::eek::grin:

Look like SOMEONE is not on the right page...

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That Rondo trade is working out well. :)

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Seems Parsons brings the same frat atmosphere to practice he did here

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

LOL @ "unacceptable".

This is the equivalent of Pringles losing it after a loss.

"I came here from Argentina to win. I am 38 years old and I have been through Knicks. We cant screw around and joke around all the time. **** Dwight Howard."

Settle down, tiger. Nobody's fault but your own that you picked Dallas to "win".

[​IMG]

5. Asian Sensation

Amare is so 2005.

6. ribbit

ribbit Member

"We've got to find a way to refocus. Now, where's your fire extinguisher?"

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Well, they were winning before Amare came. So maybe he should be careful about running his mouth?

8. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

seriously. who is he to come in and start talking like he's worked to get them that record?

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, so right. I find it hilarious that the guy not only punched a fire extinguisher in the playoffs (hurting his team), but acts like he left some championship caliber team. "I was released from a ****ty situation to join your team and I expect results since I'm chasing a ring! You better step up Dirk, and carry me!!!" lol amare acting like he's still a star player... Unfortunately he hasn't been relevant since he left phx.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Haha, Amare just came from the Knicks (a team that is known for his lack of winning attitude) and he is complaining about the Mavs.:grin:

I am actually a bit afraid that the Pelicans will take the 8th seed from the Mavs:(

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, maybe he's thinking about all the wins he brought over from the Knicks. Haha.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes guys, because he came from a losing team means he can't talk about behaving like a professional and taking the job serious.

CF at its best.

""We can't cheat the game. We can't screw around in games and practices and joke around all the time and figure we're going to win games. This is the pros. It's the highest level of basketball. We've got to act that way."

What a moronic and idiotic comment from Amar'e, how dare he say this when the Knicks had a losing record. You have to be a playoff contender to talk about taking this sport serious, such a clown.

14. dawesome

dawesome Member

Wow...Dallas got 2 new players with unbelievable characters. Can't imagine how the atmosphere is right now at their locker room.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think most people do not think he cannot say it, we are just shocked (and giddy) about how bad the Mvas lockerroom must be if Amare says this in the media (since he was with the Knicks most of the year).

I am loving this year in general, with how bad the Lakers, Knicks and Nets are. And on top of that the Mavs (who many "insiders"had ranked above us) are playing terrible and are on their way to a first round humiliation or even not making the play offs at all.

ps how is italy?

16. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

When Amare needs to tell a team to work harder and be professional, you know something is wrong :)

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Remember that time people thought Josh Smith was a locker room cancer, a chemistry ender? Remember that time people thought Brewer was a "meh" trade? Remember that time swaping Parsons with Ariza was downgrade at the position?

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Dallas isn't playing real well right now, but they are a better team that their recent run of play suggests. The same with the Toronto Raptors.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're ruining it for everybody...

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I don't think he isn't allowed to talk, but the dude fought a freaking fire extinguisher and lost (a few years back), and he's going to talk to the media when he's been there like a week?? If anything he should speak behind closed doors. He might be a vet, but he's not the leader and his name isn't Dirk.

He also should know better than to air this out to the media. He basically just told Dirk (who's won something and is proven as the leader) that he needs to step up in a backhanded comment (instead of addressing him). If anything these antics aren't going to help the locker room mentality, especially since Rondo was already having trouble with the coach. Basically this could turn into a fun drama. I know for sure Carlisle isn't going to like how he worded his statement. I think it's funny how you think this is about him not being allowed to act professional (in our eyes), when in reality he handled the situation a lot worse (not like a vet would/should).

So... Yes he's a vet, but he just made stupid comments that should definitely piss off the FO/locker room, hell even fans. I'm just glad the Rockets didn't get this mess.