1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Apple iPhone 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Zackery

Zackery Member

So what's the best carrier plan out there if I want to get an iPhone 6? I went to the AT&T store today and they said I'd have to pay an extra $15 on top of my current bill if I wanted sign another 2 years contract. Now I'm willing to part way with ATT if another carrier has a good deal.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The one thing I don't understand is that they still haven't add a numbers row on the keyboard. There is plenty of space, why make people have to press a button just to show the numbers?

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the 6 Plus (128 GB). I had the original Galaxy Note and the only reason I switched from it was that they had a stupid firmware update which caused the phone to crash every time I wanted to...make a phone call :rolleyes: from the address book, which pretty much made the phone useless to me.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

What's your current plan? How much are you paying and for how many lines?

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Did you want them to give you the phone for free? $200 is not going to cover the cost of a $650 dollar phone. Thus the $15 dollar "fee". They are subsidizing the phone for you. Pay 200 now, pay the rest over 2 years by signing the contract.

You were getting $15 off your bill so far because ATT let everyone have the discount to sucker them into the ATT Next plan..

so either a. buy the phone outright, b. buy it on contract, or c. buy it using the Next plan. if you buy it using option c, then you keep your $15 discount but you will have to pay the cost of the $650 phone in 24 months.

650 / 24 = $27

6. Zackery

Zackery Member

Family plan (or I think they call it mobile share plan) with 4 lines. My line costs $25 a month right now and we share 4 gigs of data.

I checked out the Sprint data plan and it's $50 for unlimited everything plus $25 for the iPhone (6 64G). As first glance this plans looks like a great deal. But they are actually leasing the phone out to do. I'd rather stay away from all leasing plans.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

$70 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 = $170.
    If upgrading to a smartphone on a 2-year wireless contract you will lose this discounted pricing of $25. It will increase back up to $40. To continue to receive this monthly discount, upgrade with AT&T Next or pay the full purchase price for your new smartphone.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Forgot to mention, the ATT next is not LEASING. It's 0% financing to buy the phone with an option to turn it back in..to start that process all over again. If you hold on the to phone for 2 years, you win. If you turn it in earlier (like they want you to, they win).

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

so what hard cases did everyone wind up buying? Im waiting for the mophie case. I like the otterbox but the colors are hideous

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

Anybody have any recommendations for cases?

Also, are screen protectors necessary?

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Incipio or Body Glove cases have always been great for me. They don't make the phone too bulky and are very affordable. Personally, I would say don't waste your money on something like an Otterbox or Lifeproof case. You get just as good of protection, as long as you're not dumb with your phone, which I assume you're not.

As for screen protectors, I don't personally use any, but I know a lot of people who go with Ballistic Glass from Tech Armor.

1 person likes this.
  12. moose

moose Member

Body Glove

1 person likes this.
  13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If being able to keep the the look and style of the phone is at all important to you then you'll defintely want a Tech 21 case.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My wife is getting an iPhone 6, and I wanted to ask if cases are an absolute necessity? I've never had one with my Lumias, as I don't want to take away from the look of the phone. Maybe the Tech 21 is a good option if they are really that needed? Thanks.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

16. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I got the black OtterBox Symmetry Series thin case and it came with a screen protector. So far no complaints.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

After my wife dropped her caseless iphone the 3rd time and cracked her screen, I got her the tech 21 case. It's good.

I was caseless for my iphone 5s, but I ended up getting one for my 6+ because of how slippery the phone is. So far I like the tech 21 case. It doesn't add bulk at all.

I am anti screen protector though. I am not going to add cheap crap on top of a beautiful screen and frankly I don't think they do anything other than calm paranoia.

18. So Good

So Good Member

I LOVE my Tech 21 case. I got the slim one white one. It looks pretty clean with a white phone...unfortunately...it does get stained from jeans. It has a slight blue tint to it now.

19. Bob Barker 007

My iPhone 6 has "touch disease." The screen has become unresponsive to touch. Apple quoted me $300 to fix it, which seems a bit ridiculous considering that it's a Apple design/manufacturing defect. Are there Apple repair shops that fix this specific problem, or should I just get a new phone?