1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic is white Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Mar 6, 2011.

1. trugoy

trugoy Member

It seems like Morey like this sort of PG, bull dog types that scrap and take it to the rim.

Dragic really reminds me of Lowry's game when he was a backup PG.

aggressive defensively,
    looks to get to the rim 1st 2nd and 3rd option,
    looks out of control sometimes because of aggression,
    suspect jump shot.

The only difference is that I think Dragic is more of a scorer and Lowry is more of a passer, but it's amazing that Morey has acquired two PGs that have very similar traits.

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

So we got 2 Lowrys on the team? COOL!

3. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Tonight he played a lot like Lowry. Kept attacking the basket and also making some nice passes. I think the Rockets system is a much better fit than the Suns system for Goran. We rely on a lot less PnR play and theres less pressure for the PG to make the right pass.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the white Mamba
    the black Lowry!
    mark it

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dragic is more like the '01 Indo-Guyanese Mike Bibby.

1 person likes this.
  6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

yeah, DM and RA said somewhere that was the reason we got Goran, to run the 2nd unit just like Lowry ran it for us last year.

I remember Lowry's first half-season with us. All he did was drive to the basket and get fouls. He wasn't even that consistent a FT shooter in the playoffs. Look at how he plays now.

Lowry is a better 3pt shooter this year but Goran shows he can dunk. I don't think Lowry will aspire to do that.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The way dragic and patterson worked the pick n roll against Indy, I think rick would be wise to go to that more often when those two are on the court together. Reminds me a lot of lowry and landry coming off the bench in the past.

8. Dei

Dei Member

Better than Brooks and Dragic actually does have a shot from the arc unlike Lowry.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Goran is the real Lowry like Hayes is the real Battier. Got it?

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hey if he can keep making me look dumb for running him down, it's all good! Go Dragon! Love the ATO tonight.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Listen when I tell you this: Every player in the NBA can dunk; some just don't do it in games. Dunking is not the Shangri-La of basketball skill in the NBA. It's not something to aspire to do because they were doing it in grade school.

The small guy you're thinking about, who you think is THE exception, at the the end of the bench, on the worst team in the D-League can dunk; That guy's sister is probably dunking too.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Goric IS Lowry...Lowry IS Goric, they're twin by birth...just separated by different mothers.

14. PeppermintCandy

You're right, they're very similar in that they both can push the pace, drive and set up shots for their teammates.

They don't need great outside shots because both the starting lineup and the bench are full of solid jump shooters: Martin, Budinger, and Scola in the first unit and Lee, Patterson, and Miller in the second unit. In fact, the first and second unit are like carbon copies of each other right now.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

scalabrine is already the white mamba

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

Dragic reminds me a lot of Bobby Sura.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dragic looks like he'll last longer than Lowry. He doesn't have to stress to make up for height difference and doesn't seem to have a weight problem.

18. declan32001

declan32001 Member

High praise. Sura was so tough that half the time I couldn't see how he knocked guys down.

I'm happy with that trade though.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think Dragic is much like Lowry at all

Lowry is a toughness and hustle guy, Dragic is more of a skills guy. Where Lowry bulls his way to the basket, Dragic uses fancy footwork and changes of speed to get there.