1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I feel ashamed to be a Rocket fan right now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Jan 29, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Basketball

After playing horrible in the 3rd quarter, James Posey has turned into a poor sport and is starting fights with many different players on the Mavs. As a team we look as if we have given up. Walton keeps talking about the class of the Maves for not reacting to our ruff house play. I feel ashamed to be apart of a team that is playing like a bunch of thugs on national tv!

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The Mavs are a great team. This Rockets team is an embarassment. They can't play defense and their offense is jacking up shots and a lot of one-on-one crap. Forget this.

3. pooh222

pooh222 Member

I'm with you guys. I absolutely can't stand this team right now. The coaching is a total joke and the team is a total joke. They deserve to get their butts handed to them on national TV. In fact I'm cheering for Dallas now.

4. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I agree. The Rockets have always been a relatively 'clean' team. Their image was that of being good sports. That makes us as fans proud. Someone needs to take charge of the team.

We need The Glove.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Forget being thugs, this team is just an embarrassment right now to watch play. I've never been more disgusted watching a game in my life. First of all our offense is crap. It's a pathetic joke, and it's getting worse. I actually had faith that Rudy would clean it up, guess I was wrong. As for Rudy, nice adjustments. Rudy never even attempted to adjust! He did the same thing he always does, take Griffin out and put in a slow Mo, take out Yao for long stretches, and give Moochie playing time when he should be giving Hawkins playing time. Hawkins gives us defense. Instead we're subjected to the same sorry @ss rotation night after night. Dallas is a pretty good freaking team, gee you think we should slow the freaking game down, pound the ball inside and use our best defenders! No, lets take out our best low post player, take out a athletic shot-blocker and put in a slow PF, run with a small ball line-up instead of solid wing defender, and beat Dallas at their own game, a game we can't play because we can't run our freaking offense correctly. I mean my god.

6. Rockets34Legend

The Glove would definitely fit on our team. EG + Moochie + Rice for the Glove?

Anyone up for that? And knock that punk Francis to 2? And have Mobley back up Francis? Comments?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Where the frick were you guys when we were up by 7 at half?
    Was the offense crap then too?

Rocket River
    I hate sheep that jump on the
    baaa baaa baaaannddwagon

8. montelwilliams

Golden State deserves the playoff spot over the Rockets! Golden State plays with heart, with passion. They love the game and understand TEAM concept, especially Boykins. The Rockets are selfish ISO-players who only care about stats. Golden State deserves that playoff spot, not the Rockets!

9. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

The Mavs are a class team. Everyone on their team, with the exception of Cuban in likeable. The Rockets just proved tonight that they have a long way to go before they can reach that status. Once again, the same old mistakes. No need to mention them again. Well, the good thing is that hopefully the noose around Rudy's neck just got a little tighter.

10. MingRules

MingRules Member

It seems to me we have only 3 players on court doing what they are supposed to do. I won't say who's jerk. I'm just surprised someone still has a job in this league even he didn't know the basic play. Don't call him idiot, that's the praise for him.

Rudy, either you or someone else should be fired.

Shame on Rox.

Rox deserves it.

11. jamfan74

jamfan74 Contributing Member

I am absolutely ashamed to be a Rocket fan. NO defense. NO intensity. NO heart. I feel sorry for the fans who actually paid to see the worst game of the year....

12. Dr. Basketball

I am not angry about the offense, I am angry that this team gave up. I would be okay with the loss because Dallas is the better team, I am upset about the fact that we looked like ignorant thugs out there, when this city is used to looking at the Rockets with alot of class.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rocket River, they are suppose to play a FREAKING FULL GAME!! NOT ONE HALF!! They sucked in the first half too. Dallas wasn't in rhythm the 1st half. Boy, did they pour it on in the 2nd half. The Rockets should be embarassed of this pathetic display.

14. pooh222

pooh222 Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    I can't believe. RocksMillenium you're actually criticizing Rudy.

15. sncns

sncns Contributing Member

Lets face it: This team sucks. I love Rudy T like you wouldn't believe, but he has lost...well he has never had control of this team. These guys we haven't become mature adults, much less smart basketball players. You can't do it on athleticism alone, it takes smarts, you know.

Aside from Ming, I can't really pull for any of these guys. I don't like their personalities. The personality of the team in general has taken a 180 degree turn since the days of Olajuwon.

I'm not jumping ship, because I'm a Houston only sports guy, but I just can't stand to watch these guys for free, much less pay for it. I'm not a fair weather fan, but just give me somebody I can pull for.

Bash away if you want. But I'm not some teenager wannabe gangster Rocket fan. I'm 33 years old, have been following the Rockets since Olajuwon's rookie season, and I'm fed up with this team.

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

WOW...I thought I would never see this coming from you, RocksMill. Guess it is time to change your sig.

I know things are BAD when I see a post like this come from you.

I tried like everything to watch this game but I fell asleep. When I woke up, the Rockets were losing like by 27, so it was time to watch Seinfeld.

I mean I think we all suspected this for a long time, but a lot of us were not willing to admit that it was true - that Rudy really has no control over this team.

It is too late to get rid of him now, but after this season, we really need to get someone who is not going to put up with this horsesh!t.

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

There's more then one half of basketball Rocket River. No adjustments in the second half. You can call us sheep if you want, but last I checked you don't win a basketball in the first half. The offense is crap because it didn't adjust once in the 2nd half as stated in my post. When Dallas went on their run, what do you do? Adjust. There was none and it was sickening.

Here's something else of note for people asking where we were in the first half. The Rockets points in the first half? 53 points. Rockets in the 2nd half? 28 points. 28 points to close out the game. Was the offense crap in the first half? No. Was it crap in the 2nd half? You bet your life, and that is what matters, because you can win a game in the 2nd half, you can't win one in the first half.

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I totally agree with Chance on this. This is downright embarassing, and if this tough guy attitude keeps up, I seriously hope we miss the playoffs so we won't be embarassed once again by our wanna be "thugs" on National TV.

Grow the hell up, guys. You're not children on the blacktop, you're grownups playing a kids game and making a fortune doing just that.

19. pooh222

pooh222 Member

I agree. Aside from Yao, this team is really hard to cheer for these days. They are just too much of a headache.

20. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Rudy is a joke. I was one of the first to say it last season, even before we all knew the season would be a total disaster.

I mean, he's clapping when our players fumble it out of bounds point blank. WTF IS THAT?? Get in your players face! You don't f*ckin clap for that! MORON.

He's leaving Yao out when we still had a shot at coming back.

He has no control over his players. I want to hear him yelling at his players to feed it to Yao, ESPECIALLY when Yao was having a game like he was tonight. Instead, he just jumps up and down when we do something right, or calls timeout when we do something wrong.

This guy is clueless.