1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Marvel's Agents of SHIELD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 12, 2013.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Really solid premiere last night.

They've kept up the writing from last season and I don't think it's skipped a beat since the finale.

Some thoughts on the storyline in the spoilers, in case people haven't watched the premiere yet (although in the future, spoilers should be fair game after the episode has aired)
    Can't believe what happened to Fitz. Pretty awesome twist how they set it up, sixth sense vibe. Feel bad for the guy, though. I hope Simmons does come back.

I wonder if Lucy Lawless is a one-and-done guest. Doesn't look like she survived. Nice cameo, though.

Ward as a prisoner is very intriguing, too. I doubt they'll release him or that he'd work for SHIELD, they'd have to have a very convincing reason to do that. But, I'm curious to see how much intelligence he has on HYDRA and if he'll give reliable intel.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess I will Spoiler as well

I suspect something some from the metal thing she was touching
    she will come back with some powers or something

I like the addition of Crusher Creel to the universe
    in comics he went toe to toe with Thor.
    I like the additional characters
    While Skye is still in the center . . .her roll was a bit diminished
    I hope that continues . . .

I wonder if the former Nazi will become the local Red Skull

Rocket River

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That was a Solid hour of TV right there. I'm really glad I stuck with it in the first season. Agents seems to have found its footing. Im excited for whats to happen next, especially since there aren't any Marvel movies for a while to hamper development.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I can't remember the finale from last season that well, so bear with me. Did they ever explain why Simmons left? Was it just out of guilt? The fact that she can't see Fitz like this?

I think Lawless' character is dead, as she's doing a miniseries for Aussie TV. What happened to Coulson's drawing? Was that what Skye was analyzing?

The Quinjet that the AOS stole at the end - that already had invisibility, right? Why do they need Fitz to whip up a cloaking mechanism?

Also, did they explain Lawless' team at all? Like, were they just recruited out of nowhere, or...?

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not gonna spoiler anything, what do people expect to find in a thread about the show.

In Coulson's eyes fitz seems done as a productive scientist, but he wanted to avoid having to attack head on like that so he gave him a chance.

They didn't explain much about Lawless, but it was suggested Coulson knew her before the meltdown.It would seem the guy who survived the wreck will play a role moving forward.

Still have to explain Skye's origins and Ward is being kept around for a reason. Really good premiere. It's a shame they had such a lazy start before CA, because a lot of poeple are simply never gonna give this show another chance, no matter how much better it has gotten.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lucy Lawless spoiler.

I saw an interview where Lucy Lawless indicated that, while only officially signed up for one episode, she is extremely open to coming back, and that it is down to whether the writers want the character back.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Something I noticed, and would seem to relate to Guardians of the Galaxy, to those who may not notice stuff like this. Although this would seem to be speculation.

There was a brief appearance of the blue guy in the opening scene before the box was closed back up

[​IMG]

I'm not a huge comic book guy, but I do know the blue skinned Kree were introduced in GOTG, specifically Ronan

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, that was likely the same alien that Coulson found last season as the source of "Tahiti"

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the deal was that plan A was to get Fitz to build a cloaking device. When it became apparent that Fitz couldn't do it any more, stealing the jet was plan B.

Does anybody have any idea what the "artifact" is supposed to do, besides turning Lucy Lawless' hand to ash? As much as they built it up, it looks like it is going to be a reoccurring plot device this season.

10. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Recorded and tried watching the episode twice yesterday .. couldnt do it. This show sucks. Will try watching Scorpion today and see if that goes any better.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Show has taken another step up with this episode. The writing is clearly better. I am cloudy on exactly what happened to Fitz Simmons, he didn't make it out of the ocean very well I guess.

Looks like they are solidly behind this show sticking around, probably even as a loss leader, just to promote their movies. Good news for anyone who likes comic book adaptations or any action based show.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah you do get the feeling that this show, barring catastrophically bad ratings, isn't in any trouble given that Disney owns ABC and the Marvel series. At this point I find it hard to believe ratings will slip. Anybody that stuck through that garbage first half season has been rewarded, why would you stop watching now.

Really wished they would have started mid-season, show lost a lot of viewers waiting for CA. Still curious as to why this isn't on Netflix, seems like a good way to earn back some people.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah that's a good question. Netflix could help this show just like it did Breaking Bad. But maybe they want to much for it to be on Netflix. I'm sure that's why a show like Modern Family isn't on Netflix either.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just watched it last night. It was OK.

Guy who plays Fitz isn't the best actor so his issue is not as impactful on me as it ought to be. It probably would have been better to just have him in a coma until he recovers, rather than have the actor attempt to portray someone who has some mental trauma issues (I'm not even 100% sure what he's supposed to have).

Ward's character as a troubled/damaged/bad guy is much more interesting than the all-American boy scout he was pretending to be, so I'm glad he's still around.

And here's to hoping what they do with Skye and her ability isn't totally lame. I want this show to succeed because it's a good show and not because of who owns what in the network.

16. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Netflix is supposed to get AoS sometime this fall I think. They just released the first season on Blu Ray so it should be fairly soon.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even as a figment of Fitz's imagination, Simmons is still thirsty for the brothas.

I'm glad Reina (The girl in the flower dress) is back; she was the best part of season 1.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Most Definitely

Rocket River

19. Nero

Nero Member

So MacLachlan is Skye's father?

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I guess it's to be a plot device. Lawless' character touches it, she dies. Rayna (sp?) touches it, and the device "lets her live."

Interesting.

And Coulson with his drawings. Skye with her heritage. Fitz with his coping mech. Lots of story to tell, this season.

Ward wasn't used at all, this second episode. And I couldn't care less. His character, aside from knowing something about Skye's father, I guess, is now completely useless.