1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Stephenson signs with Hornets - 3 yrs / 27 m

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jul 16, 2014.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

They offered him a 5 year deal but they wouldn't match 2-3M more per year.In a season where Cup and Hayward got 15M they wouldn't pay him Ariza money. Maybe Bird wanted to keep him, but I guess he wanted to do it a super discount incase he implodes.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

3. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Not sure why you are insinuating that the Pacers didn't want to retain him. Every move they made says they did. They simply didn't want to offer him a short term contract or a max deal, that doesn't suggest they didn't want him. He's getting paid more up front in the first two years (around $2.8m) with the Hornets deal but he'd get paid $26m more guaranteed via the Pacers. Suggesting the Pacers didn't want him in lot of that is a bit daft.

4. i3artow i3aller

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's a lot of space between 9M/per and the max, it's not like the Pacers were trapped between giving him 8M for 5 years or 15M for 5 years, they could've have offered him 10M or 11M or 12M all the way to 14.99M or whatever his max is if they really wanted to. In a market where Chandler Parsons got 15M per and Gordon Hayward got 15M per I fail to see how Lance Stephenson at 8M for 5 years is anything but a discount, esp. if he has all star potential as some people here think.

Pacers are offering him the same contract we offered a 30 yr old Ariza, sure it has 2 more years but considering LS is only 23 years old if he pans out don't you think there's a high chance he will be considered a bargain in years 4 and 5?

6. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/C02WBFWDiqE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...

I can't tell whether I completely love or absolutely hate Lance Stephenson. I'm leaning towards the love. That dude is hysterical.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

lollll. That **** was actually pretty good, Lance seems pretty likable if a little goofy.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

That was good and funny

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That was incredible. Born Ready is awesome

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

MAYNE!!!! Lance is so gangsta

[​IMG]

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Its gunna be a good year in Charlotte.

Lance is the man. haha

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Failed signing.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it has been a good signing, they got him reasonably cheap and i don't think the Hornets use him right. It is only his shooting that is letting him down, his defence and play making have been what you would expect but playing with Jefferson and Walker would be hard as the ball stops in their hands

15. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Always thought he was a bad fit there. Needs shooters and a lack of ball handlers around him, so he's forced to create.

Would be a decent fit here but don't know if I could put up with his crap.

16. i3artow i3aller

Favorite Born Ready moment so far this season.
    The man double majored in geology & astronomy whilst at Cincinnati, thus making him a "Rock Star". Or was it music and horticulture? Which qualifies him then as a..."dingleberry"?
    [​IMG]

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he believes he's a star but is far from one so he doesn't play within their system. exposed after leaving indiana. right now i think he's still one of those players that are unsure of who they are. if he ever figures that out then he'll be better but obviously bad signing for charlotte. their chemistry definitely regressed from last year.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Stephenson as a BobcatHornet (though I haven't caught any bobcathornets games this year) sounds a lot like Trevor Ariza as a Rocket v1.0.

if we didnt' have Ariza now I'd say jump all over him.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

don't blame the chemistry on Lance for the Hornets not playing well, it isn't his fault if the hornets have lost their defensive mojo, he has shown his but his team mates just haven't shown up on that end of the court. Kemba and AL Jeff are ball stoppers, they kill the offence. They gave up 97ppg last season and they give up 101ppg this season so far.

the Hornets had to use their defence to win games last season as they were 23rd in points scored, this season they are 25th but they are not defending like last season

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

did it in indiana, doing it no in charlotte. the current LS is a chemistry killer