1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh McRoberts' Quietly Good Production

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GanjaRocket, Nov 15, 2013.

1. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

he is a stretch 4 who isn't a slouch on defense and hustle.. always active and moving his feet. good passer too. I know its early and he'll likely fall below 40% shooting 3pointers for the season but his stroke looks way improved.. especially from the corner.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4314/gamelog/ heres his game log

he doesnt need plays run for him.. just gets what comes in the flow of the offense. a more active, less pure shooter ryan anderson.. cheaper too :grin:

2. Omer

Omer Member

Good shooting from 3 so far but would be nice if he got more than 4 rebounds a game as a 6'10 starting PF.

3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

yea he got 7rpg last yr.. this year hes floating around the perimeter more.. could explain it

4. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

More likely that Biyombo's significant increase in rebounding plus a more assertive MKG minus BJ Mullens complete lack of rebounding affects McBob's rebounding numbers. MJ singled out Josh at the beginning of the season as one of the key cogs in the future success of the Cats/Hornets. Josh, like MKG but in different ways, makes many significant impacts on the floor that don't show up in the box scores.

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

McBob!! Get him on the rockets Daryl!

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Thank god for the Atlanta game so he doesn't have his season high against us

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Like Parsons, no arc on his shot, but he manages to hit.

8. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

I honestly think he'd be costlier than you'd expect to extract from Rich Cho. Anthony Tolliver would be the the more likely movable piece today (but he's proving to be a rather surprising 3pt value right now). As I said, MJ himself singled out Josh as one of the "keys" to the teams future success. They had Mullens when they brought him in (traded Hakim Warrick to ORL for him and think CLT got some cash back in that deal and it's never been clear that they thought they were getting much of an asset) and eventually let BJ go and resigned Josh instead. My guess is that he's there as long as the FO feels they need him (McBob) to help Cody (Zeller) along.

9. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

The three point shooting isn't really the top 2 or 3 values of his game, however it is nice he can hit it. Much like a thinner and more fit Boris Diaw, he's significantly helps space the floor and works as a point F/C that is completely selfless. But he's not so selfless that he avoids shooting like Diaw tends to do so he doesn't become a liability on offense.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

i'd take asik if i were them.. asik and a pick for McBob/sessions

11. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Why would they do that? 41mm for Big Al and a burgeoning Bismack Biyombo and as I have stated twice, MJ flagged Josh as a key to their future. What CLT needs is someone that can stretch the floor at SG.

Plus, the Rockets would not want Sessions while they already have Harden and Lin that need the ball in their hands. Sessions is cut from the same cloth. He's more efficient perhaps but also doesn't have the ultimate upside of either Lin or Harden. His key strength is a very high basketball IQ and ability to get to the FT line.

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

having a pg rotation of lin/bev/sessions would be the best in the league.

charlotte would do it because al jeff can slide back to PF where hes more comfortable

13. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Don't believe they have had any notion that he'd slide over to the 4. They are holding three PF now and have heard nothing of Big Al playing anything but the 5. Moreso, they have been very happy with the early indicators of his passing and especially defensive abilities.

14. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

oh ok. are you in charlotte or just a charlotte fan?

15. thejav

thejav Member

Pick him up on my team about a week ago..very good production..8-1 right now..

16. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Both, live here (CLT) and a season ticket holder.

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

oh.. this is so cool. gotta love clutch fans

18. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

McRoberts has been in the league for almost 6 years, spent lots of time in the D-league. I remember when he was a 3rd string PF for the Lakers. Never got any meaningful minutes.

He's basically what we wish D-Mo could have turned into, but McHale doesn't give him enough minutes, and sending him down to Rio Grande would be a waste.

I think Morey can snag McRoberts, if Charlotte plans to replace him with Cody Zeller anyway.

19. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

DMo still has more potential than him.. but Im pretty sure he won't be realizing it on this team. His post game wows us at times, and his 3pt shot has improved.

20. pacertom

pacertom Member

He was a big defensive liability in Indiana. I doubt that he changed that much. Very good athlete who hustles. That's it.