1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**** you homeless man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, Sep 1, 2010.

1. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

So me and my girlfriend was downtown Detroit outside of the casio having a nice time when this homeless man comes up to us and ask for some money so he could get something to eat. He said he haven't had anything to eat in days and had no where to go. So my girlfriend gave him about 80 cent he looked at it like it was nothing walked away without even saying thank you. I swear I wanted to drop kick his ass in the back and take the money back hell I know it wasnt much but damn be thankful we gave you anything.

Have you ever wanted to hit a homeless person?

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I can understand why you'd be upset, but a guy who hasn't eaten in days is probably way more upset than you are. If he's impolite, it's probably because he's in a bad mood. If he's in a bad mood, it's probably because he's homeless. Maybe counting your blessings would soothe your anger.

And no, I've never wanted to hit anyone who was so down on his luck. I've also never wanted to kick a cripple. Or throw a blind person down a flight of stairs.

3 people like this.
  3. RocketMania1991

Detroit+Nighttime+Homeless man

Be grateful he didn't pull out a knife.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I live downhill form campus and between my apartment and the school is a homeless shelter. On cold days, the homeless guys will run a hose outside the shelter onto the sidewalk, the water runs all the way down the hill, making my walk up to school a slippery ice slide of death. If any homeless person deserves an ass kicking, it is them.

5. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Then again, this shouldn't discourage you from giving money to the homeless, it's always common courtesy that gets you far in life.

But what makes me mad is when you tip someone working at mcdonalds and they never say thankyou! WTF!? I would hate that job and would thank you for any tips i got.

6. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

I get sudden bursts of rage when homeless people approach me, especially if I'm at a drive thru, I usually cuss them out and yell until the screw off. So what?

7. YaosDirtyStache

[​IMG]

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why can't you do something for somebody without wanting the need for reciprocation?

1 person likes this.
  9. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

I saw a crack head yesterday while I was on my way to the sharpstown mall in Houston. Pretty sad but it was funny too.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

Ok I see your point but if it was me I'll be happy with anything someone gave me because it would mean I'm that much closer to getting my meal.

11. dback816

dback816 Member

But 80 cents? At least make it look like that's all you had on you or something.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The homeless dude is probably posting on a homeless person message board at this very moment complaining about how some douchebag only gave him 80 cents when he probably blew a 100 bucks at the roulette table earlier that night.

13. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Last semester when I was leaving UH, the homeless man at the intersection of Scott and 45 banged on my window begging for money. It made me a little angry initially because being homeless does not warrant you to put your hands on anyone's property, but I gave him a buck anyway.

Anyway... Even without a thank you, you should still feel like a better person for it. That 80 cents wouldn't have helped you or your girlfriend.

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

Yea but if everyone he ask gave him 80 cent that would be more than enough to get something to eat.

15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Batman Jones again. Could not have said it better.

T-mac&Yao=RING don't know why you need some kind of acknowledgement from him, you should have no expectation of a return, even if it is just a thank you that you are looking for.

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If I see someone soliciting or those window washers at a stop light way ahead of time I will stop a very good distance before the stop light if I'm going to be at the front of the line. I would just rather avoid the unpleasant feeling of them seeing I got nothing for them.

One time that I did stop right at the stop light, guy tried to ask me for my half eaten breakfast sandwich, which I was still eating.

The way the title read I thought this was going to be one of those crazy youtube vids.

#16 v3.0, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  17. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I guess there is very different degrees of helping the homeless.
    I remember seeing a young girl (probably 16ish) buy a box of food from the market, and then walk up to a sleeping homeless person and give it to him.
    Personally, I always give a dollar or nothing. I'm usually not willing to give more than that...and I figure they wouldn't want anything below that...your experience perhaps a good example.
    I usually, and maybe unfairly, assume they are just going to use my money for drugs. Though, the run around I tend to get most is I'm trying to get to another city....or I'm just trying to eat.
    So, I guess on one hand I understand your frustration towards his ungrateful attitude.....but then again, 80 cents?

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think you're overreacting....if you're upset enough that you had to fork over 80 cents to a homeless person who didnt say thank you, then imagine how upset he is after dealing with rudeness himself. You have to realize you're probably far from the first person he's asked. You get asked for money, what, once a week, maybe? He probably has to ask once every 10 minutes. He's got a lot more experiences in his mind, many which are probably bad, many which include people with nice cars and nice clothes who only give him a dime, things like that. Its probably hard to say thank you after it happens for the 100th time...

Maybe you should feel bad you could only give him 80 cents instead of feeling upset over a thank you.

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

It was more then the no thank you it was also the look on his face like this isn't **** to me. I know 80 cent isn't much but my girlfriend didn't have to give him anything .

20. Buck Turgidson

No, but if I were a violent man, I'd want to hit you.