1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

National Championship Game Tickets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Franchise3, Oct 20, 2008.

?

Should I buy?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

So, I have the opportunity to buy an Orange Bowl and National Championship game ticket package. $1000 for the package for regular seats, or $1400 for club seats. I'm only slightly hesitant to do this deal because I'm a poor college student and putting up the initial money would kinda suck (I would be splitting it with a friend though). It is a pretty sick deal though. If the Gator made it to one of those games, I would likely go, and then sell the set of tickets to the other game to help offset costs. If they don't make it, I'd like to believe that I could make my investment back by selling them on ebay. Should I buy this package? This is what it includes:

2 tickets to the Orange Bowl game

2 tickets the the National Championship game

2 FedEx Orange Bowl Tailgate Tickets

2 FedEx BCS Tailgate Tickets

2 BCS National Championship Fan Fest Tickets (January 7, 2009)

2 Official FedEx Orange Bowl Souvenir “Patches”

2 Official FedEx BCS National Championship “Patches”

1 FedEx Orange Bowl Parking Pass

1 FedEx BCS National Championship Parking Pass

1 FedEx Orange Bowl Game Program

1 FedEx BCS National Championship Game Program

2 Invitations to the Orange Bowl Kick-Off Party

Listing in both Game Programs

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

FYI, I paid $675 for my Rose Bowl ticket back in 2006 when the Horns took down USC. And that was a GOOD deal -> could've re-sold it at $1k.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

man i bet that was a game to see live. something that was actually worth the money :cool:

4. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

yep do it

its a win win, you can always sell it for more

5. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I went ahead and bought the regular level tickets since they were out of club level this morning. Clutchfans get first dibs on my tickets if the Longhorns make it the the NC game.

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

can i have first dibs on them?? haha...hook em!!

dont wanna jinx it yet..

7. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I'm sure I'll be starting a new thread if the Horns make it...still a lot of football to be played though, let's not get ahead of ourselves. ;)

8. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

You can check out firstdibz.com if you feel really confident about the 'Horns making it to Miami. The upside is you can pay to get the right to buy MNC tix at face value, the downside is if Texas doesn't make it, you're out your 'dibz' fee.

And it's endorsed by the incomparable Vince Young. ;)

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Ok, I know a Florida resident...so I can get this same package deal (and so can anyone else that can get someone with a Florida shipping address to buy the tickets). The only thing is they are out of pairs for the title game, and only have single tickets remaining...i.e. you still get two tickets but you won't be sitting together.

Do y'all still think it's a good deal under that scenario? I know sometimes it can be hard to resell tickets when they aren't together.

Edit: Also, which is easier to resell. Club level tickets or Lower level tickets?

#9 Icehouse, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Hard to say since you won't have tickets together. Club level is usually better resale value though.

11. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

where do you get tickets if you are a florida resident..thanks!

12. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Orange Bowl website.

13. Icehouse

First off, Franchise thanks for letting us know about this package.

Ok, I just bought one of these packages, and I'm not a FL resident. The key is you have to know a FL resident that you trust. The tickets have to be mailed to a FL address, and the FL resident will be listed as the main person on the account. You can be listed as the secondary person. They will even allow you to pay directly. You just need to know a FL resident that can have the tickets delivered to them. I didn't have to give someones drivers license or anything....I just had to give the FL address and their name. But again, I trust the person receiving the tickets.

They only have upper level and club level seats left for the Orange Bowl, and they do have seats together for that game. They have seats everywhere for the title game...but they don't have any seats together (i.e. if you buy two you may be sitting apart from each other). I got two seats for the title game in the lower level, but they are in separate rows (right behind one another). I also got two club level seats (together) for the Orange Bowl. Total cost was around $1,350. You can also buy 4 tickets if you like.

I guess you could consider that working around the system or shady...but it's not like FL residents can't buy them for other people or scalp them to others, so I wouldn't feel bad about it....

Edit: Here is the ticket rep that helped me
    Corey Doster
    305-341-4784

And I seriously considered buying more than 2....

#13 Icehouse, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Awesome, man! Glad it worked out for you. It's good that you still have seats that are close together if you end up going to the game. And if not, I still think you can sell them all on the secondary market and make above what you paid. When I first learned about the deal, I couldn't believe how good it was. I'm paying only $500 for a ticket to both games (+extras). It would be a miracle to find just NC game tickets online for $500 when the game gets closer.

I don't think it is being shady, btw. Each bowl committee is usually given a certain number tickets available for general distribution. They usually try to put up certain limitations so that the general public has a chance to buy them instead of professional scalpers/ticket resale websites. This is why they also won't let you ship to a PO box in Florida. I think you're staying within the spirit of the rules. ;)

15. Icehouse

Yeah, I think I am too. I actually called back and bought 4 tickets. The Orange Bowl ones are all together and the Title Game ones are all in the same area in the LL (no more than 3 rows apart).

Thanks again for letting us know about this deal.