1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Pacers 133, Rockets 102

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

post-game analysis starts here...

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

What a pathetic loss..

3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that was embarassing

4. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Just 100% AWEFUL!

5. Mr. Space City

6. dayao

dayao Member

true losers

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trevor sucks....continued.

Trevor was not brought in to be a 4th or 5th option, he was brought in with the promise to expand his game.

Well, we see how that works out....

The problem is he is a cap stuffer, we have 3 next year in Battier, Trevor and Jeffries.....

It would be great to get down to one, especially if it was an expiring ONE.

Trevor is just not a good NBA player, he is a decent off the bench sub...good for 20ppg....and spot starts.

His lack of fundamental skills and smarts are always going to hold him back.

DD

8. anchel

anchel Member

It appears he was the only one not defending, and I think he was our best defender at that quarter, that's it. Ariza can play very good defense, but needs a wake-up call, because most of time he's trotting down the court, I will never deny that. But he has the potential, and I think that's the matter because when playoff time comes, everybody plays at his best. And at his best, he has the ability to cause a major impact defensively. This is why Morey signed him.

Anyway I agree on the fact that he must play with that required attitude much more often.

9. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

133-102, this game is even more humiliating than the 133-110 jazz loss; i am speechless; we played well two nights ago without half of our rotation; when our rotation returns we suck, rox frustrate the hell out of me, i am tired of the inconsistency and nagging injuries, yao better play (stay healthy) all season long or i am done supporting yao as a fan

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Ariza and Martin should've sat this game out, they looked horrible out there.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Pretty embarrassing...only positive was Jordan going 7-7 for 15 points.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

18 points and 12 rebounds for Josh McRoberts? Wow...

True, the Rockets don't give up much lately, but they don't play defense much lately either. Crossing fingers that Yao really is the key to putting some teeth in this defense.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The best thing that Josh McRoberts ever did was STINK his rookie year which scared NBA teams away from Chase Budinger.

Thank you Josh, this must have been our "Thank you" to him.

DD

14. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

even clutch was stunned at the terrible blownout loss; how do fans watch this kind of crap!!! i feel bad for the commentators they have nothing good to say in a loss like this

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Budinger should start. Honestly, he is much better then ariza now and not far behind martin.

16. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Maybe we can sway Camby into coming here to his hometown in Houston?

I for one am not contempt with this lineup even with Yao back. We need to make some serious moves in the offseason to even think about contending with the Lakers or any other team out West.

17. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

trade ariza in the off season along with battier for corey brewer the 6'9 small forward from minnesota timberwolves, he is a better defender; i am sick of ariza, get rid of him along with buttiyay

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly.

That whole time everyone went on about how our best DEFENSIVE players were out with Lowry and Ariza.

Also I don't see how you can close the book on Ariza yet think the sky is the limit for Chase. They both have played one season for the Rockets. You can go on to say Chase is in his rookie year but not everyone has the same road in the NBA.

I'll say it again, Trevor has great potential to be a top tier defensive player in the NBA. The problems he has on defense ARE ALL MENTAL. He's quick enough to keep up with any SF in the NBA and long enough to do a lot of damage. To say his IQ cannot improve is very unrealistic.

Just like Chase has good offensive potential. I don't think one is better than the other just that they do things different. Also for Trevor's and Martin's game tonight they both are just coming off and Trevor with the flu.

19. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Whats with the complaining with the play of Kevin & Trevor. Kevin missed 6 games with the shoulder injury and Trevor is recovering from the flu. How do you feel when recovering from the flu, probably not very good and I'm sure no one here plays professional basketball. Cut them some slack.

20. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

trevor has always being bad offensively this season just look at his stats, whether sick or not, he ussually struggles from the field, girl