1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Harden go to school?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 17, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Game 6, on the bench, he was watching how this game has to be played. Ball movement, body movement, no more sticky, trust - all important - but the number one thing.

DEFENSE.

James Harden holds the key, will he commit to team ball, and defense.

That is the key, did James notice the things the TEAM did in his absence?

It took Hakeem YEARS to trust his teamates on offense and to pass the ball out - instead of going one on 2 or 3, let's hope Harden learned a lesson in game 6.

DEFENSE though, yes, DEFENSE, that is the key, Harden can't hide there, he has got to stop ball watching and start honoring his assignments and guard his man.

If he does that, and shares the ball - well, that would be great for the team.

Let's hope Harden went to school on Friday - because the bell rings tomorrow at 2:30.

DD

1 person likes this.
  2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

If harden can do this, he will become one of greatest.

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are so full of yourself in regard to what you think you know about basketball. Coach played the hot combination If anything Coach learned something. This wasn't some defining moment in Hardens career

2 people like this.
  4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Idk, what he said is pretty true. Harden needs to play D and move around more on offense and play team ball. Not just ISO or pass and stand/watch....

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Really, he just needs a dose of humility to start playing like he has to earn it again. Because if he was anyone else and shows that same effort in the third as he did in game 6, he would be benched and in a doghouse. Ask Pop what he'd do.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the only possession we didn't score on for about 7 and a half minutes was when dwight would miss 2 free throws, there's not a lot to be learned from that other than when you score every time down the court for several minutes, you'll go on a pretty good run.

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that certainly explains popovich playing parker all series

9. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Parker has proven himself ...

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Anyhow, I love Harden, my is... And this is fact.. That if harden doesn't try harder all around, he's not going to have success like I wish him and the rockets to have. That's all. It's tough love.

11. ibm

ibm Member

didnt he go to arizona state? :)

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Ease up on Harden. Without James Harden this team WOULD NOT be in this position for a game 7. The guy has played his tail off this year. The team did a fantastic job without in the 4th in game 6. Let's just leave it there and hope for a game 7 victory by this bunch.

13. AbrahamLincoln

The issues we have had in this series are a combination of things. Howard's early foul trouble. Not getting Deandre Jordan into early foul trouble. Terrence Jones being a non-factor as a starter.

I really don't think there was anything to learn for Harden in the last game. I think as this season has progressed he has matured. He had 10 assists the game before. If our players are hitting shots he will feed them. I like that he didn't ruin the chemistry by forcing into the game.

The best adjustment we have made is to start Josh Smith and bring Jones off the bench. Our weakness has been that we cannot answer LAC's runs in the 3rd quarters. We did last game but the Clips come out of half and step on our neck each game. We need that trait.

Regardless of the outcome now I can be proud of the team, I was not proud 3 games ago.

14. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm more concerned about where he was tonight.

[​IMG]

15. cmellon

cmellon Member

We are going to stun Clippers and win the series by making one very shocking adjustment. This will be the greatest strategy by McHale to win this series: Have Harden come off the bench with 2nd unit, that will throw all Clippers plan in whack

16. cmellon

cmellon Member

Can someone show stats of his defense in the post season. I remember reading an article his defense has regressed to old Harden in the postseason

17. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Don't need stats, just watch. It's true.

18. hongxingli

Your reply is pathetic, he simply put out a truth most can see, at the beginning of regular season, when Harden played defense, the team defense is off the chart, somehow he regressed. 30 minutes both ends of Harden will do more wonders than 40 minutes offensive end, ISO, ball holding Harden.

19. hongxingli

True, a lot of times he is 6 feet away from his assignment

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Should have known when I clicked on this posted by you DD, it would be a waste. Anyone who watched this series and went' yeah harden is the problem' have no business talking about Basketball.

If I said before the game, are only chance to win is Josh Smith getting hot from 3, I would have been called insane.

The focus should be on how Mchale, who has ****ed up countless times made the right decision and when a line-up got hot, he rode with it.

Harden hasn't played team ball? What games did you watch? Everyone is on harden and fairly for being too passive and deferring to his teammates to often.

I could go on for anther few paragraphs, but DD will never learn.

1 person likes this.