1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the most important game since Game 6 1997 WCF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a711, May 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. a711

a711 Member

I remember that heartbreak well. It was the last day of school in 5th grade. I couldn't believe what I saw. I've still never been that sad for a Rockets loss since.

We need to get back to the WCF, let's do this.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Blake Griffin ain't got no bear hug game.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Disagree, this is the most important game since Game 6, Round 2, 2015.

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Hope we aren't getting ahead of ourselves... Team needs an extreme sense of urgency. Jump on them early and they may crumble

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think if we can get out to a big early lead, like 10+ then the clippers will crumble. They don't have the mental fortitude needed IMO to make a run like we had in game 6. Hell not many do I can only think of maybe the spurs and warriors this season that would have been able to do what we just did.

With that said we need a big game from harden. We can't win IMO if he doesn't dominate and look like the best player on the court. He doesn't have to have the most points but he needs to dictate the game to his style.

I just really can't see the rockets being content thinking the clippers are just going to flop over. I expect 4th quarter intensity on both ends from start to finish and if we bring that we will walk off the court with win number 8.

6. Know Your Role

It's a big game, we're at home. 79% of game 7's at home are won by the home team. Let's go Rockets.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That would be a trap. If the rox get out to 10, even 20 they may try to coast. I think it would almost be safer if they never get ahead by more than 7 or 8. I think that would keep their focus.

I think the first 5 minutes will tell a lot of the story. DeAndre gets two quick fouls I like our chances. Conversely if D12 gets 2 quick ones I will be very concerned.

8. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Im about to pay $300 for a ticket. Please win.

9. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I feel stupid for saying this but there's very little pressure on Houston. And frankly I'm not sure if that's a good thing considering how they played the final 12 minutes of game 6.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, that Rockets team overlooked that game 6 and were already anticipating a game 7 in SLC.... let alone the fact that they got lucky in games 3-4 thanks to a 38 year old Eddie Johnson.

I remember after game 5, Barkley was encouraged because of how they played there (even though they lost), and how it will serve them well for the next game there (which would have been game 7).