1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bay Area officials have already started planning a parade for the Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, May 6, 2015.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

They've just lost their home-court advantage to a grit and grind Memphis Grizzlies team in the second game of the second round of NBA playoffs, the team that already snapped two of theirs winning streaks, has much more heart and experience ...... & they are planning a championship parade in early May.

What a sign of disrespect to the opposition.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-o...iors-parade-papa-roach-dedicates-song-to-team

#LetsGoGrizzlies

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, because god knows that planning on having enough police on hand and not massive traffic jams in a major metropolis should be secondary to not indirectly disrespecting Dave Joerger, Nick Calathes, and Clutch BBS poster what.

3 people like this.
  3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I can't wait for Memphis to eliminate these fools. But its smart they are planning for what would end up being a massive city party. They need to be prepared

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think it's disrespectful at all. It takes a lot of planning in major cities. They can't just throw those things together overnight, particularly in cities with very active communities that are looking for permits for parades, street vendor exhibits, etc.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's going to be a shame for them when the Rockets beat them in the Western Conference Finals.

6. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

NBA Finals are set to end in the middle-to-end June and every city usually starts planning once they are set to be in the Finals, because Finals series is usually taking from week to two and the break before NBA Finals (extra two-three-four days because of TV-schedule) gives you enough time totally to achieve what you need.

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Los Angeles police dept. already planning Lakers parade

DATE JUNE 10.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...e-dept-already-planning-Lakers?urn=nba,169347

If LA is not a major city I don't know which city is major

8. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

And on a June 10 Lakers where 2-0 against Dwight's Magic in the Finals series

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You plan for contingencies. Do you think that Galveston doesn't have plans in place for hurricanes? Don't be naive.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha, come on now, I'm down with anybody who finds reasons to root against the Warriors, but this is a stretch. They don't play in Podunksville, where they have one street through the city. San Francisco/Bay Area has one of the highest population densities in the country, and they have to make sure they have enough resources planned out in case they need it.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I can't wait to hear that Papa Roach song dedication live!

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I can't wait for Draymond Green to apologize for being...him.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

*****in lol'd

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This isn't much, but you can't tell me that the internet wouldn't have a field day if the Rockets did something like this

Also, IIRC Doc openly talked about parade routes when he came over to the Clippers. It was just him being candid, but he did it nonetheless.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets still in the second round though...

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Omg what a dumb idea!

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Honestly I have no problem with that reguardless who they are playing. It just shows their city believes in their team, nothing wrong with that. I wish the city of Houston believed in our team the way they do. But currently we are all depressed over the game one loss.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Kind of early, but i guess it could be necessary...not that any of that matters to Memphis. They'll probably use it as motivation.