1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Clint Capela's trade value?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, May 28, 2015.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

If we lose bev and Capella I might cry. Dude kinda performed in the playoffs for someone who has more playoff minutes than regular season

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lol you think Capella's trade value is higher than Payton's?

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We are not going to lose Capela unless he is part of a trade that bring us the much coveted playmaker. Morey is not trading Capela for some low draft pick. That would be ridiculous.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His trade value is not high right now. Keep him and let's see how far, he can develop.
    Patience is key here.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Capela is severely under valued right now and Morey doesn't get rid of those guys, he collects 'em.

6. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Capella is a legit 6'10 big, who runs like a gazelle, and has natural instincts and timing when it comes to rebounds and blocked shots. At 20 years old, it would be foolish to trade him. Nobody knows how much upside he truly has. The progression he made from the beginning of the season to the end was excellent. You can tell he works hard and is capable of translating what he learns in practice to the game. I am old school, you don't trade an athletic big for a small. I would NOT trade Capella for Lowry straight up.

7. ROCKETrobert

ROCKETrobert Member

Keep Capela... He is our backup center. He has shown potential. He needs to bulk up, work on his free throws, and work on his shot around the basket. He will be part of the rotation next year why are we going to ship him off...

8. malakas

malakas Member

Lol first educate urself on what is the pick the rockets got for asik befor calling others illogical.

9. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Keep Capela. Those running alley oops are easy and awesome. Easier to set up than Dwights stand in place alley oops.

Of course he will need to improve in several other aspects.

10. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Cute. You have no facts. None. I gave you dozens of facts and statistics to potentially challenge and your lazy best was "Lol". F for effort.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/10/07/sheridan-looking-at-projected-winloss-totals/

Pelicans — 41.5

Vegas had Pelicans 10th in the West (RE: Lottery).

And here is your proof that the pick could be in the lottery:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...r-asik-new-orleans-pelicans-according-sources

The draft pick included in the deal has protections. It will go to the Rockets if it falls between picks 4-19, sources said.

The Rox got a protected first rounder which was broadly expected to be a lottery pick. That's aligns 100% with what I said: "expected value of somewhere around pick number 10 for Omer Asik. Call the normal distribution centered around 8-12"

Look, just move on. Don't let facts get in the way of your illogically conceived and incorrigible opinion.

So, I guess i'll say it again, cute. You made me waste a whole 3 minutes retrieving those links.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

http://thunderousintentions.com/2014/06/19/2014-nba-draft-clint-capela-answer-oklahoma-city/

I am not sure if this article has ever been posted. Although it's not related to his trade value, but I was very surprised that he was considered as a potential 3 and D player before the draft.

Maybe it will be easier for him to develop a 3 pointer than a mid range jumper, but even if he does, I sure hope he won't fall in love with it so much, as to forget his pick and roll dunks, finishing around the basket and offensive rebounding/ block shots.

I am feeling happy that the Rockets got him. Maybe OKC will regret passing up on him in a couple of years.

Hope he will get stronger quickly, without losing his speed and explosiveness.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

...not enough to be worth giving him up....

I would think he's worth a mid first round pick - given the flashes, length of cheap contract and upside...

I wouldn't give him up for that though....

in a league that always covets big men, he has huge potential....

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

lottery pick

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

How many of those guys are only 21 years old with very little NBA experience? Lol get real if people knew beforehand Capela would be this good he'd be top 10 minimum.

15. malakas

malakas Member

You are the one who are cute if u thought that new orleans would be worst than so many non playoff teams of the east to drop to 10 in the lottery. Vegas odds are made for idiots who gamble so they lose their money.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Word around the association is we could get LeBron James or AD for him, what do you guys think??? Lol

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The only changes we need is for the following:
    1. A true shooting/penetrating/setup PG - Grant from Notre Dame
    2. D12 and JSmoove should be shooting a 1,000 free throws a day, game situations, run up and down the court 5 times and shoot 2 free throws like an actually game
    3. D12 improve his post up game by actually implementing what Dream is teaching everyone else.

18. Amir's Johnson

He can shoot 3s?!

19. try

try Member

Unfortunately, that's simply a mistake in the article. His FG% was 71.8, he has made exactly 0 threes in his professional career so far.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Capela needs to put on strength without it hurting his game. A tough and tricky approach. I think his stock is low because it's obvious that he is way too slight to really hang in a game for too long stretches.