1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] Daryl Morey Interview (5/14)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 14, 2009.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

any recap, in aruba thanks.

3. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

He's on now.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Joined in progress:

DM Without Yao, Shane was looking for more offense, but Kobe paid more attention to him.

Host: Landry, what woudl it require to put up big numbers?

DM: Yes, Landry is capable, I think we need good games from all remaining rotation players, including Carl, we need him to play better defensively as well.

Host: Big pressure game tonight

DM - Thanks for having me on.

Well...dang, I only caught the tail end...sorry.

DD

5. ILoveTheRockets

DD. I like all your post, but I must admit. That was one of the most half-assed recaps I ever seen.

Not hatin, just sayin.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - dude, I joined at the LAST question.......I can't type what I don't hear.

I will try to do better next time.

;)

DD

7. ILoveTheRockets

just giving you hell.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Somethings I heard him say:

A caller was critical of Ron Artest working outside of the offense and said Rick should be taking timeouts to chastise him basically.

EDIT: Also mentioned T-Mac here saying that he got a lot of unfair criticism for this same reason.

My editorial notes: This is a cop out. A lot of those shots by Artest, and T-Mac, are early in the shot clock. Some are heat checks, but a lot of time it's just from them deciding they want to show they are better than the guy guarding them and just hold the ball and make a few feints at the defender before jacking up a stupid shot.

Morey said a lot of that comes from broken plays and that when you are the guy who it falls to to be the "offensive load bearer" you end up taking a lot of "those" shots.

A caller mentioned putting Artest on the block more...

DM: Well we should see more of it tonight, but it's hard for Artest because he usually has a bigger or longer guy on him. The Lakers are great at covering the ISO play and the play on the block and will give up the swing pass and the open shot on the weakside. In Game 4 we made all those shots and in game 5 we missed them. What makes that so bad and leads to a blowout, is when you miss those shots it leads to transition for the Lakers.

On signing Ron Artest...

DM: Right now we are focused on getting through the playoffs. We do want him and he does want us, and that's step 1. But have to wait to see how everything play outs, financials have to lineup to make it happen in the NBA.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

morey is a smart guy. at the end of the day, artest has played 3 very good-great games in the playoffs. $7-8 mil per year for 3 years is MAX he'll offer.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The 3 very good to great games in the playoffs that Artest played is based on what? His defense or offense.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Just for an FYI... I LOVE the Bonnie Tyler song at the beginning of the segment!!

I need a HERO! :)

Edit: Change up the lineup at the end of the bench... as far as minutes?? God please no more Brian Cook.. I beg of you!!

#12 Hayesfan, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  12. cson

cson Contributing Member

that's not the DD we know and love! :D Check the sig: