1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-assign Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas to RGV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Team's press release:

2. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

While I would like to see them used more, at least this means they'll get playing time to develop their skills instead of mouldering at the end of the bench. Things may change after the trade deadline, assuming some of the guys currently playing ahead of them are being showcased to up their trade value.

3. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Why do they keep recalling and resending players?

4. skyline07

skyline07 Member

again??? watch them come back in 2 days.

5. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I'm dissappointed they are getting zero time, but since I can't watch games, doesn't really matter to me anyways. Might as well send them down and let them get playing time. Just leave them down for more than two weeks.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It will allow them to practice what they are being taught by McHale in an actual game.

Also asset showcasing.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is waste of time. It is like letting varsity players play against JV guys. They just develop bad habits since they can dominate the JV guys without trying that hard.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Maybe the Rockets got tired of RGV losing games and thought they needed the help. Either that or they're getting some use out of the RW bus as a shuttle service.

1 person likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

living in texas and you can only gain 2 pounds? so disappoint in D-mo!

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

People still find ways of b****ing when the Rockets do this?

How much PT were these going to get on the road trip starting this next week? Were they going to have that much time to really train their bodies more, and keep in shape? Are they not going to play somewhat competitive basketball in the D-League?

Everyone would like to see these guys play at the highest level, but there just isn't enough minutes, and the Rockets need to give Morris, PatPat, Smith enough of a sample size to evaluate their futures with the Rockets. More than likely, the second half of the season D-Mo, Jones will most likely be put into the rotation.

THEY NEED TO BE READY THEN TO PLAY. If they aren't playing now at this level, they need something, and at least to stay away from lengthy travel destinations where they aren't going to be able to adequately train, and practice with player development personnel. They can do that in the D-League. They can't do that sitting on a runway in Toronto, and on the bench in New York.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This is a good move. They've had some good practice time with the Rockets, and now they get some playing time with RGV. I think they will get to see some minutes playing for the Rockets later in the season. I'd like to see them stay down in the valley for at least a few weeks.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Les is showing them off for a trade.
    [​IMG]

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

IMO, non news until only one of them gets sent down. As that would imply the other one is going to be in the rotation.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Why don't they just leave them there? Why call them up and then send them back down? Because they can?

15. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

If only RW could get some PT anywhere. Does anyone know if he is even working out to stay in shape?

16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I like your style, sir.

;)

17. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lets see, set at the end of the bench or actually get some real playing time. Doesn't really seem like much of a choice.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5 of the next 7 games are away games. Maybe they feel road trips like that don't help the rookies as much as staying in Texas playing with the Vipers.

Or maybe this has something to do with the Vipers have falling out of 1st place, so they need some reinforcements.

19. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

Hate this new in a first second i read it... C'on, talents HAVE TO GROW SOMEHOW, not the way Rockets are doing now, sending/calling blah blah blah, I remember one game when Asik ended with -10 ranking, C'on, why the Donatas were not playing? o_O This sucks. I know they are really talented guys so don't damage their time to progress, they need to fell dat floor, dat presure EVERYTHING, instead of this, Rockets try to grow talents by sending they play wit the kids, look how D-Mo is telling them watch and learn kids... It is TURRIBLE.

20. onreego

onreego Member

His finger rolls should be damn near perfect with all the tweeting he's done.